Energy Northwest Records Management Specialist in United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Performs a variety of records management support responsibilities related to the administration and operation of company document control and records management policies, procedures, and facilities. These responsibilities include operating and maintaining active/inactive records, documents, and records systems (i.e., corporate document and records file centers, records retention center, micrographics and associated databases).
This position requires a working knowledge of related company policies and procedures and familiarity with technologies impacting records, documents, and information control (e.g., systems housing hard copy, electronic data, microformats). This position works in an environment emphasizing teamwork, cross-training, efficiency, and continuous improvement. Although this position may perform a broad range of functions, no one position performs all of the typical duties described below.
Records and Document Control
• Maintain controlled distribution lists for corporate and plant.
• Collect or receive documents and records for controlled distribution or retention.
• File documents, records, aperture cards, and drawings in accordance with established procedures and instructions.
• Support and maintain satellite libraries.
• Perform data entry utilizing various databases and software applications (e.g., various Asset Suite applications, action tracking/corrective action database, text retrieval system, SharePoint, and other desktop applications such as Microsoft Office). Type of information entered may include: document/configuration control, record management, vendor code input, etc.
• Create and run basic computer reports from various software applications.
• Run established reports based on customer requests/needs and established schedules.
• Ensure archival and interim storage records are accurately indexed, securely maintained, and dispositioned in accordance with approved procedures and instructions and approved state retention schedule.
• Coordinate destruction of records including recycling or shredding.
• Research, retrieve, and copy documents and records from various storage locations. This requires a good working knowledge of the various types of documents and records and knowledge of options (various parameters) available for search and retrieval.
• Operate scanning and bar-coding equipment utilizing optical character recognition (OCR) software and performing text cleanup/correction for documents and records requiring retrieval through the electronic text retrieval programs.
• Perform audits of archival microfilm to ensure that film has not degraded.
Work Order Package Preparation
• Provide work package support by printing and assembling required documentation for maintenance work performed at CGS.
Mail Room/Print Center
• Perform mail route deliveries both onsite and to various offsite Energy Northwest Facilities, including pickup and drop off at USPS.
• Meter mail, ensuring appropriate postage requirements.
• Provide large format prints and laminations
• Perform large quantity print jobs.
• Operate machinery related to print center such as Plotters, Large format scanners, Laminators, industrial paper cutters, rotary cutters, hole punch, staplers and binding machines.
• Provide input on equipment needs, perform minor maintenance, coordinate repair and service of equipment, and order supplies
• Provide customer/user support, training, and work guidance/direction to personnel in the status verification of plant procedures, drawings, O&M manuals, etc., and in the use of various databases.
• Create desktop instructions, provide input to department instructions and procedures.
• Accountable for work quality and personal adherence to instructions and procedures and for meeting established deadlines.
• Make recommendations for improvements to processes.
• Participate in departmental rotation and cross-training program to ensure that adequate backup is provided for the Records Management Specialist position descriptions. Perform associated duties as assigned to meet resource/business needs.
• Ensure confidential, proprietary, and safeguards information is released only to authorized personnel. Maintain confidentiality of information used or viewed in performance of position responsibilities.
• Must participate on the Emergency Response team (ERO) when designated.
• Must support the biennial refueling outage.
• Provide telephone backup for department personnel, responding to inquiries.
• Provide other administrative and clerical support as directed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED is required. Requires six months of records management/database experience or one school year of Work-Based Learning (WBL) experience. A valid driver’s license is required.
This is a bargaining unit position and the hourly pay rate is:
Offers will be negotiated based on each candidate's qualifications.
This role is eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan. Incentives are earned based on employee performance against defined metrics and company goals.
Regular roles are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental and vision coverage. You may also contribute to our 401(k) plan that includes a company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate due to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
EEO is the law, click here to learn more (http://www.energy-northwest.com/whoweare/joinourteam/Documents/EEO%20is%20the%20Law%20poster.pdf) .
As a regional leader in clean energy generation and public power solutions, Energy Northwest develops, owns and operates a diverse mix of electricity generating resources, including hydro, solar, battery storage and wind projects – and the Northwest’s only nuclear power facility. Energy Northwest is a Washington state joint operating agency comprised of 27 public power member utilities, serving more than 1.5 million customers. The agency continually explores new generation projects and solutions to meet its members’ needs.
- Energy Northwest Jobs