KCP & L Real-Time Trader in United States
Title: Real-Time Trader
Job Number: WES004M
Total compensation includes an incentive opportunity with the potential for significantly increased earnings.
- Directly responsible for updating intraday, plus supporting DA, RTO market submittals for
unit offers and parameters based on resource operations and market conditions.
- Ensures CROW outage system is updated with outage and de-rate information.
- Monitors the day ahead and real time Reliability Unit Commitment process and communicates results with generation system operators and energy management customers.
- Optimizes generation and load related power supply contracts in the RTO market.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships, through continuous interaction, with system operators, energy management customers, counterparts, and power marketing personnel ,
- Communicates changes to gas requirements to support intraday activity to fuel trading group.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of risk management tools and concepts.
- Develops a thorough understanding of RTO market protocols.
- Interprets RTO market operations and results in order to assess market accuracy.
- Assists Management in developing and maintaining proper policies and procedures for participation in RTO markets and contract administration.
- Responsible for NERC tagging functions and procuring transmission.
- Conducts intra-day energy transactions with wholesale customers, RTO’s, and other suppliers.
- Inputs transactions into Westar’s deal capturing system and ensures accurate accounting practices.
- Forms recommendations for intraday strategies to mitigate resource and load deviations.
The preferred candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, mathematics, economics or related field in addition to knowledge of wholesale markets, RTO operations, power plant operations and excellent customer relations skills.
Superior quantitative and analytical skills are required with an aptitude for making calculated decision with strong risk tolerance is critical for this role.
Must be team oriented and have the proven capability to work in a fast paced, high energy, high stress environment, while still achieving results.
- Communication – share information and ideas up, down and across; effectively foster relationships through dialogue; keep people informed
- Attention to detail – job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Customer service – Add value and build enduring relationships with customers; value each customer and treat them with respect and courtesy
- Dependability – The employee can be trusted and is reliable for good work; accountable for his or her work
- Execution – Achieve objective and goals through tenacity and endurance; get it done
- Initiative – Lead actions through personal drive; step up before being asked
- Stress tolerance – deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations such as time constraints