APS Real Time Trader, Associate in United States
Assist the more senior Real-Time Trader to ensure that APS customers are provided with the most economical sources of energy by analyzing short-term market conditions and company generating resources. The Associate will be limited to making energy purchases and sales under the direction of the Real-Time Trader and Real-Time Trader Senior levels. Assist in the implementation of approved marketing strategies in real-time to maximize APS' bottom line profit. Understand and execute all trading activities in compliance with Regulatory and Reliability standards and protocols. Purchase and sell intraday natural gas for the system, when needed, to ensure significant imbalances do not occur. Manage gas storage and assists Traders in arbitrage opportunities.
Minimum RequirementsReal Time Trader Associate
- BS/BA degree in business, economics, engineering, or related field and related work experience or related experience obtained through an internship, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform under stress in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to make analytical decisions utilizing mathematical skills.
- Ability to utilize a computer and associated data bases, software, hardware.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
1) Project system load requirements and commit the most economical APS resources to meet customer demand as directed.
2) Analyze market conditions and as directed, purchase/sell energy to meet system needs, create customer savings, and produce margin.
3) Negotiate sales of energy as directed to other utilities and marketers in a real time competitive market environment as directed.
4) Continually review/comply with all Regulatory (ACC/FERC) and Reliability requirements (NERC/WECC/SRSG).
5) Continually monitor and analyze on-line generation to ensure sufficient system operation reserves are maintained.
6) Ensure that interconnected system and associated operating agreements, criteria and guidelines are met.
7) Provide complete and accurate documentation of all transactions, commitments, counterparty and Balancing Authority communications and events relating to the generation and marketing of APS Energy Resources.
8) Implement an optimum gas supply strategy program which maximizes supply at the most cost effective level.
9) Negotiate cash market gas purchases and sales.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20180993
Full/Part Time: Full-Time