INTREN Project Manager - Gas in United States
Project Manager - Gas
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Project Manager is the primary point of contact with the customer for the contracts assigned to them. This position is responsible for driving the overall operational performance of the contract. The Project Manager is responsible to ensure all customer contract requirements are met and that the projects meet or exceed all performance targets.
Customer Satisfaction and Relationships:
• Collaborates with the Executive Vice President, Account Manager, and/or the Senior Project Manager to develop a relationship plan and assigns personnel to maintain relationships as appropriate level.
• Responsible for responding to and solving all customer issues or concerns regarding the project.
INTREN Operational Performance:
Contract and Financial Performance:
• Understands the contract and any other documentation regarding requirements or expectations for the project. These may include but may not be limited to: Deliverables, KPIs, schedule, safety requirements, and customer specific requirements, units of measurement, and contract terms & conditions.
• Manages changes or scope creep with contract change orders and review of originally contracted scope with customer.
• Responsible for ensuring INTREN’s tracking systems will support contract and reporting requirements.
• Ensures all data is accurately entered into the INTREN system in a timely manner
• Directs staff to perform required invoicing and job closeout.
• Oversees the estimating process and assigned field resources in developing the estimate and proposal.
• Ensures quality of the data provided to the customer.
Project Management Performance:
• Manages day to day activities for all aspects of assigned projects, inception through execution and close-out.
• Directs staff to ensure job setup, production accuracy, cost accuracy and change orders are performed.
• Communicates support requirements, to staff accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provides project status reports on overall project performance to the Senior Project Manager on agreed upon frequency as required.
• Responsible for overall project performance (P&L).
• Responsible for providing periodic project status reports and performance reports to customer.
• Maintains resource loaded schedule for all assigned projects.
• Review and approve, in a timely manner, project documentation including but not limited to: timesheets, production and accounts payable
• Leads project teams and uses project management tools and processes to execute projects including but not limited to:
• Review and acceptance of contractual terms and conditions.
• Inclusion of customer requirements and procedures into execution plan.
• Leading team in development and execution of project plan and schedule.
• Monitoring performance against key performance indicators and adjusting plan to get back on track.
• Applying lessons learned.
•Managing project team performance.
• Identifying high risk activities and developing mitigation plans.
• Maintaining customer awareness of project status, issues, changes, etc.
• Follows all INTREN applicable defined processes and procedures.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and strong computer literacy. Good problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task are essential. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 3 years of construction industry experience.
• Demonstrated business acumen, customer focus and drive for results.
• Demonstrated proficiency and experience managing large projects.
• Proven high level management skills in coaching and facilitating business competency.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
• Proven leadership and performance management ability in a high performance culture.