MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
To maximize bituminous plant production through monitoring equipment operation and performing preventative maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Basic knowledge of plant operation, conveyor systems, and maintenance.
- Must have good mechanical, troubleshooting skills.
- Needs positive attitude and the ability to work well with others and follow directions.
- Must be willing to work overtime, night and weekends as directed.
- Basic knowledge of use of computers.
Duties and/or Responsibilities
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- The asphalt plant operator performs the start up on the asphalt plant and operates the asphalt plant to batch materials used in the manufacturing hot mixed asphaltic concrete.
- The operator moves controls on a panel board or control board to heat, dry, and mix ingredients such as asphalt oil and stone to produce asphaltic paving materials.
- Observes gauges, dials, and operates machinery to ensure conformance to processing specifications.
- Monitors oil consumption of asphalt plant.
- Calibrates asphalt plant.
- Coordinates and assists with repairs on machinery, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Operates a man-lift to access repairs and required to wear a fall protection harness.
- Ability to climb numerous stairs to top of 100’ silo for repairs.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.) Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Directs the movement of trucks through the loading of asphalt materials, using two-way radio communications.
- The employee operates a motor vehicle (truck) to water down roadway in yard, loader to load trucks, skid steer to clean up around plant and any other equipment necessary at plant operations.
- Always work safely and act to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, safety and environmental regulation compliance, and Lockout/Tagout compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete all necessary daily reports.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to professionally handle stressful/confrontational situations with the traveling public.
- Ability to work in confined/elevated spaces.
- Unload asphalt oils and monitor tank levels.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment; Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Safety Boots, Safety Vest, Safety Harness
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: PO Box 6099 Stockton, CA 95206
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Company: Pacific Northwest Oil Company
Location: Stockkton, CA
Hiring Manager: Lance S Coleman
Closing Date: 12/31/2021 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Part-Time