MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
Experienced Ready-Mix Drivers are needed. Mixer Driver will be responsible for providing products and delivery services in a safe and timely manner to all our customers.
1.Possess and maintain a valid CDL B or higher commercial driver’s license, medical card and clean driving record. 2.Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen. 3.One year of DOT truck driving experience, is preferred. Preference given for experience driving a Ready-Mix truck. 4.Must be able to work flexible shifts which include: days, nights, weekends and overtime. 5.Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members and customers.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Operate truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites.
- Maneuver truck under loading hopper and assures all materials can be loaded properly without any waste.
- Read and follow directions to deliver concrete to locations given by dispatch.
- Operate levers on truck to release concrete down truck chute into pump, wheelbarrow or other conveying container or directly into area to be poured with concrete.
- Clean truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck, using water hose and chute scraper.
- May spray surfaces on truck with protective compound to prevent adhering to concrete. May assemble cement chutes.
- Operate trucks including ready mix, septic, block and aggregate materials.
- Perform daily truck inspections and report needed repairs to ensure safe travel and a good quality product.
- Daily maintenance of equipment.
- Recognize surroundings and practice traffic awareness to maintain a safe environment.
- Clean and maintain truck.
- Ensure concrete arrives with proper slump to every delivery.
- Add value-added supplies, such as fibers, accelerators, color etc as needed.
- Make contact with customer on job site for unloading instructions and secure signature on load invoice.
- Adjust moisture to contractor’s requirements and note changes made to the product and any weather and environmental. conditions on the load ticket for quality assurance.
- Ensure proper use of truck tracking software.
- Be able to work without direct supervision.
- Report information accurately and completely on daily time cards and other needed paperwork.
- Maintain proper information in truck cab and perform daily housekeeping in truck cab.
- Ensure OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental regulation compliance including attending training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance is essential.
Position will remain open until 1/31/2021 or until position is filled.
- Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness plans for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, and Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How To Apply:
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 674, Bryan, TX 77806.
Company: Knife River - Texas Division
Department: Ready Mix
Location: Bryan, TX
Hiring Manager: Cullen B Brogdon
Closing Date: 01/31/2021 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time