MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
Good pay! Good Benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it's our people who make us successful. We are adding people to our team - people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
SEEKING EXPERIENCED EQUIPMENT OPERATORS. The Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of multiple pieces of equipment. Experience operating LOADERS and EXCAVATORS is a plus!
- General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Preferred knowledge of Quarry/Aggregate plant operations.
- Experience with equipment maintenance & operation.
- Basic Knowledge of plant operation, conveyor system and maintenance preferred.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on equipment.
- Maneuver heavy equipment into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that the vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Use various pieces of equipment to perform backfilling, loading, excavating and stockpiling.
- Operate equipment while maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with managers/supervisors.
- Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Perform other quarry related duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an essential requirement.
- Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Three Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness plans for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, and Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How To Apply: Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 1800, Waco, Texas 76703.
This open job posting will remain open until 12/31/2020 or until it is filled.
Company: Knife River - Texas Division
Department: Honey Creek Quarry
Location: Marble Falls, TX
Hiring Manager: Ronald J Hager
Closing Date: 12/31/2020 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time