MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
The Swing Shift Maintenance Supervisor, under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or General Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance functions of both on and off-road mobile equipment and fixed production plants while meeting or exceeding Division goals for safety, maintenance, productivity and quality. Supervises Swing Shift Maintenance Department personnel.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory level position in shop and maintenance related field.
- Extensive heavy-duty diesel mechanic experience with knowledge of construction & mining mobile and fixed plant equipment.
- Must be able to work Swing Shift (3 pm – 12 am).
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and maintain acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to work some weekends.
- Strong Computer literacy using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team.
- Experience using JDE, spreadsheet servers, BI, Zonar, Fuel Force.
- Current CDL “B” License.
- Prior experience as a heavy equipment mechanic.
- Prior experience as a shop supervisor for a construction materials-based business.
- *Supervises multiple job locations, mechanics, welders, service grease men and warehouse support personnel.
- *Provides maintenance shop support to maximize manpower and equipment utilization increasing efficiencies while reducing costs.
- *Work closely with other Departments for scheduling and completion of their maintenance needs.
- *Coordinates activities of all shop personnel engaged in repair and service of on and off road mobile and fixed plant equipment.
- *Review requests for repair, complaints, and recommend course of action to shop personnel.
- *Assist with monitoring fleet compliance; work with locations on to assure regulatory compliance and FMCSRs.
- *Attend Operations and Production meetings to understand upcoming needs and to provide operations with updates on equipment.
- *Develop Safety awareness programs for shop personnel; lead and attend safety meetings.
- *Participate in the review of any accident or near miss involving shop personnel.
- *Preventative Maintenance Program Manager responsible for timely completion of scheduled preventative maintenance actions.
- *Work with Operations on all major repairs and PM’s and to manage monthly expenses.
- *Provide guidance on shop scheduling workload and monitor yard activities and housekeeping in shop areas.
- *Assist in resolving service issues.
- *Assist with training schedules for swing shift personnel.
- *Always work safely and take action to prevent all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Supervisory experience in mobile and fixed plant equipment repair and maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of mechanic and welding equipment repair requirements.
- Knowledge of 30 CFR in relationship to Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Compliance.
- Ability to supervise/lead/mentor/coach others. Effective communicator with the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities.
- Computer skills to include working knowledge of MS Office software package.
- Able to work with minimal supervision while meeting project deadlines on budget.
How To Apply
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Hawaiian Cement is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Company: Hawaiian Cement
Department: Oahu Concrete & Aggregate
Location: Aiea, HI
Hiring Manager: Sean D Haggerty
Closing Date: 01/23/2021 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time