MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
Responsible for safely operating grader to spread and level dirt, gravel, and stone to grade specifications.
- A valid Driver's License is preferred.
- General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with equipment maintenance & operation.
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained
- Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on blade/motor grader.
- Safely and properly operate blade/motor grader including: regulating height and angle of grader blade, lowering scarifier and loosening packed soil to permit grading and tilting front wheels of grader when making sharp turns. Drives grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of assisting worker, to level surface to specified grade. Feels level and listens to sound of engine to determine depth of cut. May perform fine or rough grading.
- Assist laborer or roller operator with dumping trucks and keeping load counts
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations . Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Must be able to work independently without supervison.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Regular and timely attendance is essential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Three Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness plans for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, and Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug/physical testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 1800 Waco, Texas 76703
Job posting will remain open until 12/31/2020 or until the position is filled.
Company: Knife River - Texas Division
Location: Terrell, TX
Hiring Manager: Raymond D Kiphen
Closing Date: 12/31/2020 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time