MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
Experienced Heavy Equipment/Truck Mechanics are needed to perform maintenance work on heavy construction vehicles and trucks. The ideal candidate will have strong heavy equipment maintenance and repair experience, and is able to get along with others in a team/shop environment.
- Over 2 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment in mechanic field or maintaining road construction equipment with demonstrated mechanical knowledge to diagnose component, troubleshoot, repair, communicate and document.
- Mechanical experience - Diesel Engine, Hydraulic and Power Train experience is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of heavy yellow construction equipment.
- Knowledge of Graders, Loaders, Dozers, Backhoes, Trackhoes, and Paving equipment is preferred.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy equipment/vehicle components.
- Must be able to supply own hand tools as needed to maintain a variety of heavy equipment.
- A valid Class B CDL preferred. Provide and maintain proper license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts which include: days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- Must be able to work long hours outside in all seasons.
- Responsible for performing maintenance and repairs of a significant nature on all types of equipment and/or assisting with repairs/improvements/maintenance of equipment to assure it is in safe working condition.
- Safely operate equipment, standard and specialty tools, welders, hoists and other lifting devices, etc. on a daily basis.
- Troubleshooting equipment maintenance problems to properly diagnose components to determine method and extent of repair necessary. Read, interpret, analyze and apply information in technical manuals and schematics.
- Anticipate needed parts and supplies, disassemble equipment and parts, fabricate parts when needed and reassemble equipment and parts.
- Use cutting torch and perform welding tasks.
- Clean work areas.
- Fill out shop repair orders daily.
- Must be able to perform Oil changes, Air/hydraulic breaks, Suspensions, Transmissions & General Maintenance.
- Drive and maintain mechanics truck.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, and written). Frequent contact and communication with others within and outside the company. Self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently or in a team setting; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Communicate with Drivers regarding “Vehicle Condition Reports” and make appropriate repairs.
- Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
- Accurately complete work orders or other maintenance repair documentation.
- Ensure OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- May be required to operate and maintain company vehicle to perform field service repair then operate repaired equipment to ensure proper working condition after repairs have been completed.
- Responsible to provide own basic hand tools, pneumatics and some specialty tools.
- Must be flexible as to work hours and may be required to work weekends.
- Timely and regular attendance is essential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness plans for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, and Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How To Apply
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 674, Bryan, TX 77806.
Position will remain open until 1/31/2021 or until it is filled.
Company: Knife River - Texas Division
Department: Equipment Shop
Location: Bryan, TX
Hiring Manager: Larry M Boyd
Closing Date: 01/31/2021 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time