MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
The form setter constructs built-in-place or prefabricated wooden and/or metal forms for the construction of concrete sidewalks, curbs and gutters and other concrete structures.
- A valid Driver's License is preferred.
- Must have basic carpentry skills. Previous construction industry experience preferred.
- Must be able to read construction plans.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Build and lay out forms as required according to specifications with the ability to make calculations depending on grades.
Saw slumber to blueprint dimensions, using handsaw or power saw, and nails lumber together to make panels.
Erect built-in-place forms or assembles and installs prefabricated forms on construction site according to blueprint specifications, using handtools, plumb rule, and level.
Insert spreaders and tie rods between opposite faces of form to maintain specified dimensions.
Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects, using nails, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, and timbers.
Clean work site of any tools, debris and equipment.
Timely and regular attendance is essential.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Position will remain open until 1/31/2021 or until it is filled.
- Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness plans for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, and Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How To Apply
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 674, Bryan, TX 77806.
Company: Knife River - Texas Division
Location: Bryan , TX
Hiring Manager: Charles A Botkin
Closing Date: 01/31/2021 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time