Westar Energy Originator in United States
Job Number: GEN001E
Total compensation includes an incentive opportunity with the potential for significantly increased earnings.
Knowledge of how to move physical energy and an understanding of commodity trading is a must.
Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and must be capable of working in a high energy, high stress, and fast-paced environment. Must be results oriented, be able to maintain a positive attitude and thrive in a team environment. Superior quantitative skills are necessary.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with EMA customers, wholesale customers, and counterparts.
- Generates new EMA business providing predictable and sustainable margins.
- Focus on thermal and renewable development opportunities
- Develops and presents effective presentations to existing and new customers
- Develops and administers contracts for new and existing EMA and wholesale business.
- Develops and strengthens alliances in energy markets throughout the country.
- Coordinates with internal groups to ensure operations are in accordance with the EMA and wholesale contracts.
- Represents Westar by attending industry events and conferences.
- Coordinates and participates in meetings with EMA customers, wholesale customers, counterparts, and potential key accounts.
- Structures long-term wholesale contracts for Westar assets, EMA customers, and trading.
- Identify RFP opportunities and originate bilateral PPA targets outside formal RFP processes
preference in Business, Enginering or related field.
The select candidate must have at least five years of wholesale transactional experience in Origination. Must demonstrate an expert level of proficiency in customer relationship marketing.
Must demonstrate the ability to understand and adhere to all risk management policies and procedures.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills required to build and maintain working relationships both internally and externally
- Self-motivated to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of significant aspects of the wholesale power trading business especially in trading/origination transactions
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of North American bulk electric grid infrastructure
- Demonstrated capabilities in negotiating complex terms of structured wholesale transactions and acquisitions, financial analysis of structured wholesale transactions
- Challenged within a results-oriented team environment
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products