Arizona Public Service Meter Technical Specialist in United States
As a Meter Technical Specialistat Arizona Public Service, you will lead, plan and oversee the testing, installation and maintenance of large billing meters and equipment for generation, transmission, and distribution systems. Solve complex metering problems involving meter theory, vector analysis and RF communications. Participate in the review and approval process for interconnected customer generation. Experience with the design and maintenance of totalized (combined metering) systems. Coordinate work activities with other departments, other utilities or outside companies.
Minimum Requirements High school diploma/GED and five (5) years' experience in a technical metering position, Customer Service Planning position, or equivalent expertise.
Preferred knowledge, skills or qualifications
Possess and demonstrate a high level of competence in leadership, decision making and planning/organizational skills. Proficiency in computer skills, electronic theory, scientific math, circuit analysis, ESRM (Electric Service Requirements Manual) and NEC. Thorough knowledge of company safety rules and practices, and of the labor agreement.
- Responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of weekly and daily work plans and schedules on a real-time basis for Meter Operations. Monitors crew shifts, work orders/assignments and actual work while mobile workforce management crews are in the field and adjusts schedules and assignments as needed.
- Acts as a single point of contact for work load management and oversight with to oversee and drive problem resolutions to help ensure schedule adherence and execution.
- Work directly with customer service, contractors and customers for coordination of work order process on new installations, upgrades, conversions and electrical service relocations.
- Develop and present resolution recommendations for system design/application problems, propose new equipment evaluations, system performance measurements, and routine maintenance procedures.
- Provide technical leadership in the direction and training of Polyphase Meterman in handling of more complex job and equipment.
- Maintain and update the Electric Service Requirements Manual and provide training accordingly. Approve drawings on service Entrance Sections.
- Maintain a high level of safety for Meter Operations personnel.Evaluates policies, processes and procedures and develop and initiate actions to improve or make corrections as needed.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20190904
Full/Part Time: Full-Time