Arizona Public Service Lineman Journeyman (Goodyear) in United States
Arizona Public Service (APS) is leading the way toward an energy future that is cleaner, more reliable and sustainable. With $3.3 billion in annual revenue and nearly 7,000 employees, APS is the largest electric utility in Arizona, serving 1.1 million customers. We are the principal subsidiary of publicly traded Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (NYSE:PNW). Our generation fleet includes natural gas, nuclear, coal and growing renewable technologies.
We will rely on your exceptional work ethic to be responsible for working on new construction projects and maintaining existing underground and overhead facilities.
- High School diploma or G. E. D. (copy required)
- Completed a Registered Journeyman Lineman Apprenticeship Program* with one year experience as a Journeyman Lineman OR five years’ experience as a Journeyman Lineman**
- Must possess a valid manual transmission Commercial Driver’s License (Class “A”) with ability to meet all DOT requirements (color copy required – front and back) *Note - manual transmission required and no mechanical restrictions i.e.., air brakes, etc.
- Experience working on all types of distribution lines including 4kv to 21kv and all related equipment required
- Require working with aerial equipment, which have weight restrictions of <320 pounds
- Must pass written and hands-on exam and successfully demonstrate climbing skills
- Must live within a reasonable distance from headquarters as reasonable and necessary overtime work will be required
- Out-of-town work may be required
- Reasonable and necessary overtime required
- The established headquarters for this position is subject to relocation to the Hub West Service Center, a facility that will be located 38 miles west of downtown Phoenix, on a date to be determined by the Company.
In addition to submitting your online application, please send a copy of the following documents to email@example.com *by the position close date (October 25th, 2018) if youwould like to be considered for the next steps of the process: *
- Copy of your High School diploma or G. E. D.
- Copy of your Registered Journeyman Lineman Apprenticeship Program Completion Certificate* OR Official Letter** from HR Management or a member of the company’s operations leadership (stating: your job title, roles and responsibilities, and length of time you spent in that position, etc.).
- Copy of your manual transmission Class A CDL license (front and back and IN COLOR)
- *Registered Apprenticeship Program Criteria: Program must have a documented process for hours worked in the field in the work processes associated with the craft e.g. distribution, transmission, maintenance, etc. Registered apprenticeship programs for the trades in question require 7,000 – 10,000 hours (3 -5 years). Program must have documented proof of completion of related education classroom courses. Registered apprenticeship programs require a minimum of 144 hours per year of related education courses during the course of the apprenticeship program
** Journeyman level experience must be documented in writing if you are unable to provide us a certificate of completion of Registered Apprenticeship. This will require a letter on company letterhead documenting your title, details of your roles and responsibilities, and length of time in that position. It must be signed by an operations or HR manager. This information will be subject to verification.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Testing Information & Contact
Tests are only administered to referred candidates. More information about our tests and the testing process is available through www.pinnaclewest.com/careers and then clicking on the link for "Pre-employment Testing".
A written [paper and pencil] test will be administered.
A hands-on skills test will be administered.
E-mail will be the method of contact with job applicants for test scheduling. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly so that you receive scheduling notifications for testing and updated job information.
Job ID: 20180813
Full/Part Time: Full-Time