Arizona Public Service Leader Logistics in United States
The Logistics Leader is responsible for supervising logistics operations to meet Business Unit service level requirements. Develops and manages logistics strategies which include third party logistics (3PL) selection and management. Supports Business Unit Operations through logistics strategy design, analysis and execution. Provides analysis and recommendation to senior management to leverage effective use of internal and external transportation resources. Ensures customer service and time objectives are achieved within financial constraints in order to meet business objectives. Ensures effective operations with emphasis on safety, regulatory compliance, and cost management. (NOTE: May manage rotating, after-hours work shifts. Requires after-hours and weekends duty assignments.)
- A four year Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or other job related field from an accredited college or university plus three (3) years' experience in logistics operations.
- In lieu of bachelor's degree, a professional Supply Chain certification plus seven (7) years of materials/services/supply chain experience is required; or, Associates degree in business or other job related discipline, professional Supply Chain certification plus five (5) years of materials/services/supply chain experience is required.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
- Supervisory experience in supply chain operations.
- Analytics and logistics strategy experience.
- MBA in Business Operations or Supply Chain.
- Professional Supply Chain certifications such as Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Accident Prevention Manual.
- Experience working with a labor agreement.
- Experience using Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) software, work management functionality.
- Knowledge of the third party logistics (3PL) market and material shipping/freight practices.
- Ability to work with carriers/suppliers.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate exempt and union employees.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
1) Manages logistics functions and strategies to ensure inbound and outbound logistics deliver value through lowest cost solutions.
2) Closely manages monthly reporting and budgeting functions to ensure costs are properly maintained and the department is executing responsibilities safely and efficiently.
2) Develops and maintains strategic logistics plans optimizing 3PL relationships in conjunction with network strategies and internal hauling resources.
3) Manages relationships with 3PL and carriers, including claims and classification errors, to deliver results, minimize delivery risk and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
4) Collaborates with category managers and procurement staff to ensure accurate reflection of logistics impact on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models.
5) Provides for cost effective and timely delivery of requested materials and equipment to all APS facilities through strong relationships with internal/external customers and management of available resources.
6) Ensures Safety is the top priority in the organization and that personnel are in compliance with regulations such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), DOT and company procedures related to hazardous materials (HAZMAT) handling.
7) Staffs, develops, motivates and directs an energized team to accomplish goals and maintain high quality of services and products.
8) Develops and implements performance metrics that monitor logistics processes and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Leader Logistics
Job ID: 20180504
Full/Part Time: Full-Time