Arizona Public Service IT Solutions Engineer / Analyst I in United States
Responsible for software and hardware product delivery and performance for all application spaces including next generation technology such as cloud engineering and mobile applications. Drives products from design completion to volume production release through lifecycle including troubleshooting software and system problems to ensure performance and reliability.
- Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or related field and 1 year of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Requires basic technical subject matter knowledge within a job area or system
- Knowledge of programming languages; database management systems; development platforms
- Skills in understanding and explaining basic technical issues and solutions in non-technical terms; working effectively in teams and across organizations; balancing and prioritizing between multiple work streams; collaborating with colleagues and teams in different fields across a diverse organization; solving basic problems in own area of wor
- Cognos Reporting
- Knowledge of Oracle utility products CC&B; or MWM and database model.
- Understanding of utilities/previous utility experience.
- Experience with data modeling tools such as ER-Win or TOAD Modeler.
- Worked in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, data architecture, metadata and repository creation.
1) Supports the design, development, modification, and/or configuration support of applications and programs
2) Fixes applications to meet functional and technical designs following best practices and development standards and guidelines
3) Analyzes, debugs, and resolves defects in applications
4) Supports production systems, analyzes and resolves production problems in a timely manner; resolves end user service requests as assigned
5) Completes unit test application changes to ensure quality of work; tests new features, enhancements, and defect fixes
6) Assists with technical solutions in new implementations
7) Complete minor product enhancements and development of reports
Key Level Differentiators
Works to achieve operational targets within job area which has some impact on the overall achievement of results for the solutions engineering team
Work is of limited scope, typically on smaller, less complex engineering projects
Implements or supports engineering projects/assignments, under close supervision
Uses existing methods designed by other solution engineers
Conducts research and analysis to solve standard solution engineering- related problems
Decisions made impact self and has low impact on own and related job family and department
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: IT Solutions Engineer / Analyst I
Job ID: 20180335
Full/Part Time: Full-Time