Arizona Public Service IT Business Relationship Manager II in United States
The IT Business Relationship Manager II serves as the strategic interface with assigned business units to understand technology needs and challenges, ensure that projects align with the technology that provides best practice and direct IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy.
Required Education and Experience Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or related field and 5 year of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience. Strong technical knowledge within a job area or system and basic knowledge across related technical areas
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, telecommunications or other assigned area of expertise
Strong knowledge of portfolio management and performance monitoring practices and methodologies
Ability to build, maintain and extend relationships across the organization
Ability to perform advanced business and process analysis
Major Accountabilities 1) Maintain and foster business relationships with business units and vendors, participating in negotiations and evaluations to identify potential issues and risks
2) Consult with business unit's and review IT usage, services, technology, and department specific projects in order to identify, forecast and develop IT needs
3) Fosters alignment of IT capability and service delivery with business objectives and strategic roadmap
4) Accountable to ensure stakeholder's expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms
5) Coordinate the use and delivery of IT services throughout the business unit
6) Analyze and report operational and financial impacts of vendors, products and services
7) Utilize established project management methodology to assist in providing alternative strategies, products and service offerings to reduce negative impacts to projects
Key Level Differentiators 1) Works to achieve operational targets with significant impact on departmental results
2) Works independently under minimal supervision to deliver, implement, and support projects/ assignments
3) Exercises more independent judgment within well-defined parameters
4) Assigned issues of moderate complexity
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20181038
Full/Part Time: Full-Time