Energy Northwest Instrument & Control Technician in United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Responsible for installation, maintenance, repair, and calibration of plant and test instrumentation related to operation of large nuclear generation plants.
• Perform surveillance tests and calibration of critical and non critical instrumentation (e.g., power range monitoring systems, control rod drive multiplexing systems, pressure instruments, measurement and test equipment, and reactor simulator).
• Troubleshoot and repair process instrumentation used to monitor and control flow, radiation, temperature, pressure, power level, etc., including both pneumatic and electronic types.
• Assist in initial system lineup, calibration, pre-operational testing and startup testing of installed systems.
• Assist assigned supervision in the preparation of tooling and spare parts requirements, computer listing of instrumentation and spares, preparation of instructions, and establishing a preventive maintenance program.
• Maintain auxiliary instruments and instrumentation systems (e.g., assigned computers, air conditioning controls).
• Perform other tasks as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Journeyman classification requires a minimum of five years experience in instrumentation and controls. A minimum of two years of this five years experience should be related technical training. A maximum of four years of the five years experience may be fulfilled by related technical or academic training. High school diploma or GED required.
This is a bargaining unit position and the hourly pay rate is:
Offers will be negotiated based on each candidate's qualifications.
This role is eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan. Incentives are earned based on employee performance against defined metrics and company goals.
Regular roles are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental and vision coverage. You may also contribute to our 401(k) plan that includes a company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate due to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
EEO is the law, click here to learn more (http://www.energy-northwest.com/whoweare/joinourteam/Documents/EEO%20is%20the%20Law%20poster.pdf) .
As a regional leader in clean energy generation and public power solutions, Energy Northwest develops, owns and operates a diverse mix of electricity generating resources, including hydro, solar, battery storage and wind projects – and the Northwest’s only nuclear power facility. Energy Northwest is a Washington state joint operating agency comprised of 27 public power member utilities, serving more than 1.5 million customers. The agency continually explores new generation projects and solutions to meet its members’ needs.
- Energy Northwest Jobs