Arizona Public Service Human Performance Coordinator in United States
Responsible for helping to lead the effective integration of Human Performance (HP) to APS Operations and Corporate Resources departments (excludes Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station).
Provides, proactive HP consulting services to all levels of leadership to anchor and further integrate HP throughout the company including identification and execution of tailored approaches that address needed areas of improvement.
Supports a standardized HP Program across the enterprise ensuring continuity and sustainability of the program.
Provides on-going HP training to business units. Partners and coordinates with Corporate Training & Development and business unit training functions to ensure consistent and timely delivery of training products including the development of new training and resources as needed.
Assists CAP, Safety and other support teams to analyze data, identify HP trends and provide guidance on business initiatives to improve human performance. May support development of performance indicators and reports that assist leadership in reaching performance and safety targets.
Participates on industry and work-related organizations and committees, representing the interests of APS. Serves as an internal and external advocate and champion for HP as well as organizational values and culture.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Science or Business and two (2) years of applicable Human Performance experience or experience in a related field where comparable skills and knowledge are obtained OR a two (2)-year technical degree with four (4) years of applicable Human Performance or related experience OR high school/GED and six (6) years of applicable Human Performance or related experience.
- Training and facilitation experience required.
- Support the integration of a standardized HP initiative across the enterprise ensuring continuity and sustainability. Assume accountability as the Human Performance subject matter expert (SME) for business units.
- Ensure employees across the enterprise understand and demonstrate HP on a daily basis, resulting in the achievement of a strong safety record and operational excellence.
- Provide initial and on-going HP training to employees across the enterprise. Coordinate with other HP team personnel to ensure consistent, quality and timely delivery of training materials.
- Coordinate with Corporate Training & Development and business unit training functions to ensure HP is integrated into training and daily work practices.
- Responsible for generating HP reports, monitoring BU and enterprise performance and identifying trends. Monitor and measure the effectiveness of the HP initiative and provide feedback to management. Work as member of the HP team in identifying sustainable solutions for the Company.
- Participate in industry and work-related organizations and committees, providing HP SME and representing the interests of APS.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Human Performance Coordinator
Job ID: 20180412
Full/Part Time: Full-Time