Iberdrola USA Fleet Mechanic 1/C (RGE 66741) Mushroom Boulevard NY in United States
Business and Department
RGE-NY-Mushroom Boulevard Rochester,NY
Openings: 2Related OCR: 66722
A Fleet Technician is committed to safety and safe work practices. These individuals are responsible to ensure the safety of themselves, coworkers, the general public, and Company property. They know and apply principles of fleet vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance to support utility operations and are sensitive to the hazards involved in these disciplines. They demonstrate the ability to competently and effectively perform the duties of their job including the skills to perform all aspects of fleet vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance. They work closely with others in a team environment including interaction with coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies in the performance of their duties.
- Safely and effectively performs any and all work associated with fleet vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance to support utility operations. 111
- Will be expected to acquire necessary knowledge and skills to perform increasingly complex work appropriate to their level of training and experience.
- Must have at least two years experience in vehicle and fleet equipment repair and maintenance or the equivalent.
- Must be able to understand and diagnose problems related to fleet vehicles and equipment and perform the work to correct these problems.
- Have a satisfactory work record.
Execute the physical requirements to perform their job.
Pass job tests; obtain licenses and certificates, and computer skills applicable to the work performed.
- Follow instructions and function in a team environment including effective interaction with supervisors, coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies.
- Respond to calls outside of regular hours in all types of weather and be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to assist or respond to applicable emergency situations as able.
- Comply with the rules of the Company, as applicable.
- Ensure the safety of self, coworkers, the general public, and Company property.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Perform other less skilled or related work associated with their job classification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL or other certifications or licenses required for the specific job.
Must have obtained a high school diploma or GED.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply to positions, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Fleet Mechanic 1/C
Location: Mushroom Boulevard NY
Publication date: 27.09.2018