Arizona Public Service Engineer III / Engineer, Senior - Transmission Planning & Engineering in United States
As part of the APS team, you are important to the success and future of our organization. APS offers highly competitive and valuable benefits, many at no cost to you.
- Some of the benefits include: Retirement, Health and Wealth Benefits / Paid Time Off to ensure
- Work -Life Balance and many Training Programs that supports career and personal enrichment.
- Be a part of a unique industry at APS and experience being a part of #keepingarizonaon
Our Transmission Planning & Engineering department has an opportunity for an Engineer III / Engineer, Senior - Transmission Planning & Engineeringwho will apply in-depth technical knowledge and expertise to ensure the reliability of the transmission system. You will plan and coordinate programs and large-scale engineering projects or several medium projects while acting as the technical specialist for transmission planning. Your duties include responsibility for all aspects of developing work scope and will conduct transmission studies on power flow, transient stability, and other power system analyses.
You will also coordinate, administer and provide technical direction to less experienced engineers. You may research new developments and technology and make recommendations to management on their feasibility for Company operations. You will monitor projects and recommend modifications to increase operating efficiency and any regulatory requirements, along with maintaining a thorough knowledge of new developments and technologies. You will interface with internal and external customers, outside agencies and regulatory authorities.
You will have:
- Engineer III - will have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering plus five (5) years of applicable experience or; Professional Engineer designation plus five (5) years working experience or; nine years equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Engineer Senior - will have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering plus eight (8) years of applicable experience or 12 years equivalent combination of technical education and experience; Must possess in depth knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, applicable codes, standards practices and methods in the area of assigned discipline.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of energy analysis and engineering applications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Salary and Level will be based upon experience.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20181036
Full/Part Time: Full-Time