Arizona Public Service Energy/IT Solutions Analyst II in United States
The successful Energy/IT Solutions Analyst IIanalyzes research, develops, maintains, implements improvements, and supports the Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) and other electric control systems.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or related field and 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Requires working technical knowledge gained through experience within a job area or system.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge, or Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of computer science and/or engineering degree or work related experience; distribution system design, operations, and procedures; systems software and database administration; network and workstation technologies; technical issues related to energy management systems and applications; software, hardware and telecommunication; systems for real-time data collection and exchange.
- Skills in developing and writing technical documentation; evaluating and testing emerging technologies.
- Application development skills (C#, Entity framework skills and knowledge of ASP.NET.)
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Microsoft office, including Word and Excel
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows environments
- Provided off hours support as part of an on-call rotation; work well on a team; works well with customers/clients; problem solve; thinks innovatively; gives high level of attention to detail
Key Job Accountabilities
1) Applies technical knowledge to process, provides support with, and solves broad software support requests within the Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) and other electric control systems.
2.) Utilizes approved ADMS support delivery processes and tools providing input on identified flaws or adjustments.
3) Participates in mid-level troubleshooting across most aspects of the ADMS system and leads basic level troubleshooting.
4) Provides advanced service and implementation support (i.e., development, operation, and maintenance of operating systems software, network and/or configuration management and database activities for real-time computer systems, develops application programs for scheduling, monitoring, control, accounting, and analysis).
5) Develops statistics and performance reports in own practice area.
6) Independently reviews and verifies low risk changes and escalates, as necessary.
7) Migrates and deploys moderately complex solutions.
8) Participates in on-call rotation to support operations and maintenance during off hours.
9) Suggests improvements that mitigate risks and create a more reliable and efficient electrical grid.
10) May help train and assists entry level analysts.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20200678
Full/Part Time: Full-Time