Ameren Energy Efficiency Evaluation Advisor in United States
The Energy Efficiency Evaluation Advisor is focused on managing and executing evaluations and other research related to programs within Ameren Illinois' Energy Efficiency portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
· Directly manage resources, including Ameren Illinois' external evaluation, measurement, and verification (EM&V) contractor(s), to ensure high quality and on-time achievement of all necessary evaluation deliverables and compliance with Illinois policy.
· Lead contractors in annual and multi-year evaluation planning process, ensuring that planned evaluations align with goals of Ameren Illinois and considers positions of external stakeholders, as well as maintaining research best practices.
· As necessary, represent Ameren Illinois with external stakeholders with diverse and sometimes conflicting interests and objectives (e.g., Illinois Commerce Commission, State Attorney General, Citizens Utility Board, Environmental Law & Policy Center, National Resources Defense Council, customers, trade allies, community based organizations, industry groups) in a variety of settings, including resolution of policy items related to EM&V.
· Assist the Director of Energy Efficiency in managing overall evaluation strategy and coordination with other stakeholders.
· Influence and develop policy, formulate and negotiate positions, drive toward consensus solutions, leverage industry resources, and optimize use of evaluation resources.
· Maintain an appropriate positive and mutually beneficial business relationship with businesses, professional groups, and industry allies in support of Ameren Illinois’ energy efficiency objectives.
· Perform research and analysis to provide support to senior management, inside, and outside corporate counsel representing the company in regulatory proceedings. Serve as an expert who communicates and educates internal team members on relevant EM&V topics and helps communicate evaluation findings throughout Ameren. Support internal and external program communication and outreach needs.
· Perform analysis, prepare reports, and develop and deliver presentations related to energy efficiency, DSM, program design and program evaluations
· Lead internal collaboration, coordination and delivery of information by leveraging Company resources, processes and programs to positively influence customer satisfaction.
· Lead the development, implementation and tracking of evaluation project management.
· Stay current with ongoing trends in energy efficiency and demand response.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. MBA or advanced degree preferred. Minimum of five years of relevant experience required (e.g., regulatory compliance, research, economics, process or project management, program evaluation and measurement).
Prior experience with some or all of the following is highly desirable:
· Experience in analysis, primarily of modeling and evaluation, could include technology assessment, program modeling/ analysis/ cost-effectiveness, and/or program evaluation
· Experience in the analysis of cost effective program design of energy efficiency and demand response programs
· Experience in the development and modeling of energy efficiency/ demand-side management programs
· Experience in evaluation/ performance measurement
· Stakeholder interface experience with State and Local Regulators
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Demonstrated use of MS Office Suite; strong and effective written and verbal communication skills; critical analytical skills; ability to effectively operate and lead in fast paced, ambiguous environment; ability to influence others; team building and organizational skills; energetic self-starter who possesses strong problem-solving, negotiation, organizational and analytical skills; ability to prioritize competing priorities; excellent business acumen, and computational skill; ability to work in environment with critical deadlines; highly collaborative work style that demonstrates integrity and great attention to detail; and the following Ameren competencies: Think Customer, Inspire and Engage, Foster Innovation, Drive Results, Champion Learning, Build Trust, and Be Strategic. Some travel is required.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
*Note: Key responsibilities reflect the essence of the position. Additional tasks or projects may be assigned to or removed from this role based on business needs or incumbent skills and abilities. Salary based on successful candidate's background and position's market value.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.