Arizona Public Service Distribution System Operations Instructor Senior in United States
As the * System Operations Instructor Senior* you will deliver distribution grid operations training to instruct employees in systems operations and prepare them for DOC operator certification and job duties. Coordinates and implements all phases of the Systematic Approach to Training for the electrical grid operations training program which includes analyzing needs, job, and task requirements, designing and developing training and evaluations, implementing training in all settings, and evaluating the effectiveness of the training programs. Provides continuing education for distribution operators, initial training for distribution operators, and training for operations staff working with APS Distribution facilities.
* Minimum Requirements* Bachelor of Science degree in an electrical engineering discipline, or High School Diploma/GED and must have four (4) years related technical electric utility operating experience, i.e. electrical, generator, or grid operations training experience, system operating experience in a distribution control center, or field crew experience.
At least three (3) years' experience using the systematic approach to training process, and at least two (2) years' experience presenting electrical or operations training, including simulation scenarios.
* Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications:* Excellent organizational skills with an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Demonstrated decision-making ability in production deadline-driven environment. Demonstrated ability to professionally interact with diverse groups on a wide range of technical matters. Demonstrated ability to stay current with changing technology and apparatus. Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in PC software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to travel occasionally to statewide APS locations. (Preferred candidate would have completed a train-the-trainer course.)
* Major Accountabilities*
- Develops and maintains training programs for APS Distribution Operations that are in compliance with regional and national standards.
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of personnel in operations job classifications.
- Create and administrate over needs, job, and task analysis for operations job classifications.
- Design and develop initial training and continuing education for operations job classifications, using a variety of instructional media.
- Present training in the classroom, on-the-job, and simulator settings.
- Conduct evaluations of student performance, training materials, and training effectiveness, including upkeep of training database and commitment tracking.
- Develops and delivers ADMS (simulation) based training to support both initial and continuing distribution operations training.
- Oversee training and support vendors to ensure that they meet APS training requirements.
- Work with operations leaders to define/address personnel knowledge and skill gaps.
- Maximize training resource utilization through technology, integration, and resource sharing.
- Prepare training schedules that integrate department needs with training resources.
- Promote training/line partnership by developing professional rapport with all customers.
- Maintain instructional/technical proficiency by attending relevant continuing education.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20190653
Full/Part Time: Full-Time