Arizona Public Service Communications Consultant in United States
Regularly contributes to the development of new communication concepts, technologies, and standards, working directly with executives, leaders and other internal clients to develop and implement strategic communications plans. Responsibilities include writing and editing strategic communications. Work is performed with minimal direction and within the context of a strong team philosophy. Areas of specialty may include the following: Creative Services: Directs a variety of communications disciplines including editorial services, speechwriting, graphic design and video production. Internal Communications: Contributes to the development of print and online communications targeted to employees and retirees, and related to issues that shape the company's image and reputation. Palo Verde Communications: Writes technical information in non-technical language. May assist with public tours and special events.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, English, Communications or related field and five years related writing/editing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, software application skills including word processing and desktop publishing, and solid project management skills.
1) Consults with internal clients to assist achievement of their respective business goals. This includes advice on strategy, positioning, messages and media mix.
2) Develops and provides leadership for the implementation of strategic communication plans directed to a variety of targeted internal/external audiences.
3) Directs a variety of communication activities including writing, editing, scripting, producing and distributing media such as collateral materials, memos, brochures, flyers, posters, articles, and letters.
4) Designs, plans, processes and communicates accurate, complex information to a variety of targeted internal/external audiences, ensuring on-time delivery.
5) Maintains a broad-based knowledge of business or industry technologies and issues, including specific knowledge of the electric utility industry.
6) Maintains quality standards and adheres to communication plans.
7) Manages resources within time and budget constraints by coordinating the use of internal suppliers, vendors and outside agencies.
8) Maintains appropriate levels of confidentiality.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Communications Consultant
Job ID: 20180501
Full/Part Time: Full-Time