Arizona Public Service Business Systems Analyst - Accounting Systems in United States
As part of the APS team, you are important to the success and future of our organization. You can be a part of a unique industry and work with us to provide reliable service, our community can count on us for safe, clean and reliable energy. APS is making a long term impact by investing in grid upgrades and advanced technology to meet Customer’s needs.
Business Systems Analyst - Accounting Systems
What your day would be like:
You are responsible for:
- Participate in the coordination, support and maintenance necessary to ensure the proper and effective functioning of Business Financial Systems.
- Performs development, analysis, planning, administration, and communication of a broad range of finance and accounting (F&A) business unit systems, programs, policies and practices.
- Functions as a business unit analytical specialist for system security, configuration, metadata, structures reporting, intranet web pages and other areas as defined.
- Supports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial cycles.
- Works with other department functions to identify, plan and implement solutions that will maximize organizational effectiveness through the use of technology.
- Assists with F&A system implementations, upgrades, and continuous improvement projects including documenting requirements, test cases, change management including training, and other project support tasks.
- Maintains and generates a variety of functional area reports and statistical summaries and more.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Hyperion, and PowerPlan a plus, but not required.
- BS/BA equivalency or an equivalent combination of four (4) years relevant business work experience and relevant college coursework in business, information technology or a related area.
- An additional two (2) years of progressively responsible experience where general knowledge and understanding of business unit business systems, basic knowledge of database design, structure, functions and processes and experience with database tools is obtained.
- General understanding of business unit and operational knowledge including functions, procedures, processes, and computer systems.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and tie functional needs to technology solutions.
- Some project/team experience and ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to review data, identify issues, and see relationships and patterns
- Experience participating in projects and identifying and resolving issues is preferred.
- Proficient in PC applications including advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Basic knowledge of emerging practices and technologies used within the area.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good customer service, organizational, and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage customer expectations.
- Some knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business unit business areas.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20200217
Full/Part Time: Full-Time