Arizona Public Service Business Operations Analyst Senior in United States
The Business Operations Analyst Senior provides overall coordination, support, and maintenance necessary to ensure the proper and effective functioning of APS Operations business unit operations and/or department systems. Participates in the development, analysis, planning, administration, communication, and implementation of a broad range of business unit, projects, processes, and practices. Serves as a business unit analytical expert for process analysis, data analytics, which may include identifying potential security risks, possible data breach situations, ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements, system security, reporting, intranet web pages and other areas as defined. Works with other department functions to define opportunities, identify and implement solutions, and measure improvements to ensure desired results were achieved. Plan and assist in implementation of solutions that will maximize organizational effectiveness through the use of technology Develop and maintain reports using standardized reporting protocol for business unit, company reports, and statistical summaries ensuring data integrity and consistency. Formulates, defines, and documents business processes by clearly defining project scope and objectives through research, benchmarking, and fact finding combined with a good understanding of business functions, systems and industry standards. Leads cross-departmental projects involving process and/or system improvements. May lead and/or contribute to projects with moderate or complex scope and budget. Assist with the development of less tenured personnel. This position requires a fundamental understanding of business operations, processes, and business unit(s) systems utilized within the organization.
Minimum Requirements BS/BA equivalency or an equivalent combination of four years relevant work experience and relevant college coursework in business, information technology or a related area. An additional five (5) years of progressively responsible experience where strong understanding of business unit operations, business unit systems, database design, structure, functions and work processes and experience with database tools is obtained. Previous experience with the systems specific to the business area may also be required. Demonstrated knowledge of business processes and operational knowledge including functions, procedures, processes, and computer systems. Ability to identify process improvement opportunities, gaps, data analysis and recommended solutions which tie functional needs to technology solutions. Demonstrated project/team experience and ability to prioritize work. Ability to review data, see relationships and patterns, as well as possess strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Experience in managing projects and identifying and resolving issues. Expertise in PC applications including advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word. Requires proficient knowledge of emerging practices and technologies used within the business area. Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business areas. Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written.
Major Accountabilities 1) Participates or leads projects to formulate and define business needs, system scope modifications, and objectives through research and fact finding combined with a good understanding of business functions, systems, and industry requirements.
2) Researches, analyzes, and resolves routine to complex business/operational problems within the business units. Interfaces with IT, Systems Analysts, or vendors to resolve issues as necessary. Follows up to ensure timely resolution of problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
3) Participates in or oversees analysis, planning, and implementation of enhancements to new and existing processes, which may include new systems and/or enhancements to existing systems. Ability to gather and write moderate requirements based on business needs with consideration of business goals and future needs.
4) Provides input and gathers functional requirements, policy/procedure interpretation, and future business system needs. For smaller projects, may coordinate assigned phases of project planning and execution, including estimating resources and tasks, creating, managing and controlling project schedules and resources.
5) Using quantitative metrics, analyze process designs, workflows, and suggests process improvement initiatives, which may include potential technology solutions to streamline, automate, and/or improve process efficiencies.
6) With limited direction, coordinates and participates in the development of effective business cases using sound cost/benefit analysis. Keeps apprised of current and emerging trends for business unit.
7) Provides operational support for business area and multiple systems including, but not limited to, researching and resolving system problems, gap analysis, training identification and delivery, and data integrity audits.
8) Writes, maintains, and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in the development of standard and complex reports for business unit. Assists in the development and maintenance of standardized business reporting protocol and ensures data integrity and consistency in all reporting aspects.
9) May monitor and track business goals, activities, performance monitoring, and issues for an assigned unit(s) to keep management apprised of business unit activities.
10) Actively shares knowledge of business/technical environment, priorities, and processes to less tenured personnel.
11) Conducts research, performs data analysis, and reports findings through formal presentations.
12) Participates in project assignments as a lead or a key member. Responsible for coordinating activities within the business areas. Direct areas of project responsibility to include needs analysis, scope definition, testing strategy, implementation, and user acceptance. May support application/system training to functional users.
13) May be responsible for managing access, security for business systems, and ensuring appropriate data security controls including process and system documentation.
14) Maintains documentation of processes, guidelines, tools, procedures, and training aids required to support business unit.
15) May participate in the planning, development, and administration of business unit's budget functions.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20180852
Full/Part Time: Full-Time