Iberdrola USA Associate Engineer - (ASC) 65532 Augusta, ME in United States
Business and Department
ASC-ME-Augusta General Office Augusta,ME
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Supports the development of long and short-term plans for the transmission and distribution system to meet current and projected needs. Provides analytical support and innovative approaches for transmission tariff related projects and proposals. Assists in the development and approval of regulatory filings and develops transmission revenue and expense forecasts.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Assists in ensuring proper application of power delivery system reliability, design, and construction standards. (10%)
- Aids in the computer modeling, planning, design, and operation of the power deliver system with other departments, utilities, energy suppliers, and regulatory bodies. (70%)
- Assists in the research and cost evaluation analysis on new product and procedure technologies to ensure the lowest possible customer cost for the service desired. (5%)
- Supports the negotiation of new transmission and facility agreements and tariffs by calculating levelized charges and operation and maintenance costs. (10%)
- Monitors ongoing FERC rulemakings and filings to ensure corporate compliance. Draft motions for interventions and protests as appropriate. Coordinates the drafting of quarterly regulatory reports on transmission revenue. (5%)
Education, Skills & Abilities
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelors Degree preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience required.
Analytical and problem solving skills.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discriminationagainst all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or email@example.com.
Company: Avangrid Service Company
Department: Protection & Control (ME)
Job Title: Associate Engineer (65532) Augusta, ME
Reports to: Supervisor, Protection & Control
Location: Augusta, ME, US
Publication date: 28.08.2018