EnergyUnited Apprentice Lineman to Journeyman Lineman in United States
Apprentice Lineman to Journeyman Lineman
North Carolina’s largest electric cooperative, EnergyUnited, delivers reliable energy and services that improve the quality of life for our customers and communities. We invite you to join our team if you possess the qualities on which we’ve based our success for over 60 years – Safety, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence .
EnergyUnited offers a comprehensive benefit package. EnergyUnited is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer
Who are we?
At EnergyUnited, our mission is to deliver reliable energy at competitive prices. We serve 130,000 members throughout our 19 county territory who rely on us every day to keep the power on and that isn’t something we take lightly. Our team is the best in the industry and if you are looking to work for a company with core values like Safety, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence, then look no further. We’ve been in the power services business for over 80 years and we know a thing or two about what it takes to be successful!
We have immediate openings for talented, hardworking linemen/linewomen to join our team at our Statesville location in our Foothills District. All levels of experience are welcome to apply as we use a progression step approach to training based on the level of skills in which you have accomplished at the time of hire. A perfect candidate for this position would be someone who:
· Places safety as top priority when working
· Collaborates effectively with team members
· Enjoys analyzing and troubleshooting power service issues
· Values the cooperative business model
· Fosters an attitude of innovation and efficiency
What can EnergyUnited do for you? Working here you will :
· Work with a team of highly talented individuals in which to learn and grow
· Collaborate with us as we strive to improve the quality of life for our members and communities we serve
· Enjoy the family atmosphere of our work teams
· Deliver results by using your skill set to find solutions
· Be challenged to do your very best work each and every day
· Seize opportunities for training and career growth
How can you benefit EnergyUnited? In this role you will :
· Observe all safety rules and regulations adopted by the cooperative.
· Demonstrate your specialized technical skills in the construction, operation and maintenance of a reliable electric system.
· Make recommendations for changes needed to improve operations in your assigned area as it relates to the position.
· Coordinate and cooperate with your team members in performing assigned responsibilities.
· Take an active role in training less experienced team members to enhance their development and build strong team units.
· Perform your responsibilities in emergency and on-call work using your knowledge of voltage regulation, fault current, and coordination of line protection devices.
· Apply theory to knowledge in the sizing of single-phase transformers.
· Maintain and use familiarity with the feeds of all transmission and distribution lines and the operation of all substations and switching stations.
· Use and apply all forms, records, and reports required.
· Work with a positive attitude to reflect the cooperative’s core values.
· Exhibit your ability to communicate effectively with our members in times of both routine service and outage events.
Skills & Requirements
To be Considered for the Position, you should have :
· High School degree or equivalent required.
· Graduation from a Lineman Academy preferred.
· At least 1 year of previous experience working for an electric utility preferred.
· North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or be able to attain one within 90 days.
· Clean driving record and be able to safely drive a company vehicle.
· Ability to read comprehensively and write legibly.
· Pleasing personality and ability to work and get along with others.
· Ability to make sound decisions from observations and carry out instructions.
· Ability to be responsible for the supervised work assignment and work safety.
· Ability to lift and move weights in excess of 100 pounds.
· Capability of stooping, bending, reaching, climbing, grasping, and frequently walking long distances.
· Good hand to eye coordination as well as the ability to read electronic displays and screens, printed materials, maps, and tools materials.
· Necessary skills to utilize hand-held and manually operated tools that are coincident with the duties of the position.
· Be expected to pull on-call duty after becoming familiar with the region and must be available for emergency work during all weather conditions.
· High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
· Reputation as a self-starter with an attitude of neatness, orderliness, and accuracy.
· Must live within a 20 mile radius from your respective assigned reporting office location except for “on-call” employees who have been approved with remote capabilities.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
*EnergyUnited Electric Membership Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. *