Arizona Public Service Accounting Consultant in United States
This position will perform a variety of highly complex tasks in the Financial Reporting group. Responsible for accounting and related activities where such functions are highly complex. Strong accounting skills are needed to help determine accounting treatment of new transactions and the related disclosures. Heavily involved in the internal and external financial reporting process including monthly performance reports and quarterly SEC and regulatory filings. Provides guidance, knowledge and review of other accountants’ work within the department. Strong knowledge and adherence to key SOX controls is required. Develops solutions to a variety of complex processes or functions, ensuring that solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Serves as a consultant to management and other accountants, which may include Executive Management, on major matters pertaining to financial reporting.
*Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications *
- Ability to manage the monthly financial statement close process.
- Apply strong accounting knowledge to help determine accounting treatment of new transactions and the related disclosures.
- Prepares, manages and reviews the quarterly SEC reports.
- Analyze and reconcile a variety of accounts and reports that are highly complex, and maintain financial reporting systems.
- Ability to assist with the leadership of the financial reporting team.
- BS degree in accounting, finance or related field with five years of experience (2 years preferred within an electric-utility environment) or an equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA, MS in Accounting or CPA certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting theory (GAAP), FERC and ACC requirements, and working knowledge of accounting and related systems.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills and ability to communicate effectively with Executive management.
- Must possess a broad business perspective, problem solving skills, strong interpersonal, communication and consulting skills.
1) Prepares a variety of accurate and timely financial reports that are highly complex, participant billings, rate case studies and responds to information requests.
2) Analyzes and reconciles a variety of accounts and reports that are highly complex, and maintains financial reporting systems.
3) Perform a variety of highly complex economic studies to evaluate a range of standard business issues, proposals and alternatives.
4) Models financial activity to produce a variety of highly complex corporate financial targets and forecasts.
5) Supports regulatory and competitive strategies, analysis and findings.
6) Contributes to the development of department policies and procedures, accounting manuals and FERC regulations.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Accounting Consultant
Job ID: 20180583
Full/Part Time: Full-Time