Avangrid Lead Engineer - Energy Control Systems in Vestal, New York
Lead Engineer - Energy Control Systems
Company: AVANGRID SERVICE COMPANY
Vestal, NY, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
To be one of the lead engineers in maintaining the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for electric operation and supporting related activities such as design, test and implement new systems & system support.
Provides support for the AVANGRID Energy Control Systems ancillary modules/systems (EMS/SCADA/ADMS/ OMS & Back office Applications).
• Must be able to maintain the SCADA databases, telemetry data, tuning and limit parameters.
• Must be able to evaluate accuracy of the information in the Control System under supervision.
• Must be able to support the specification, design, testing and development of the EMS system to ensure that changing functional requirements are met.
• Must be able to design enhancements to the ECS systems to improve the user interfaces.
• Monitors and ensures that systems and components are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to operational requirements and standards of the organization for safety and reliability.
• Provides operational assistance and troubleshooting when needed.
• Analyzes key power system data to ensure that the bulk electric system can operate in a safe, reliable, and coordinated manner in accordance with ISO/RTO operating principles and standards.
• Capable of designing and implementing novel control system components and can optimize system components.
• Works within and support the Control Center environment under the NERC/CIP guidelines
• Supports NERC/CIP Compliance Program.
• Works within the Control Center environment and supports Cyber Security requirements for Control Center operations. Maintains and creates documentation for supported platforms and systems to meet all regulatory requirements/ standards.
Skills and Requirements
Education and Experience Requirements: Meet at least one of the following
• MSc. Degree in Technology related field with 3+ years technical experience OR
• B.Sc. Degree in Technology related field with 7+ years’ technical experience,
• Associate Engineering Degree with 10+ years’ technical experience.
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org