MDU Resources Group Assistant Project Manager in Vancouver, Washington
Assistant Project Manager
Department:Integrated Systems Group
Hiring Manager:Brandance M Benefiel
Closing Date:10/28/2022at 11:59pm CDT
$2,000 Signing Bonus after 30 days!
GENERAL SUMMARY/PRIMARY FUNCTION
Responsible for understanding, upholding and promoting CSG’s Critical Success Factors, 1) Safety First!; 2) Financial Success (including operational excellence); 3) Employee Satisfaction (including development and training), and 4) Customer Satisfaction. Promote ISG PCM/OEG’s Core Values, safety culture and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI). Primary duties include: Efficiently lead, estimate, multiple ISG control panel projects.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide project manager level support on ISG Standard Control Panels from estimating concept, through production, testing / quality assurance, shipment, installation, start-up & commissioning support with guidance as needed from other Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
• Primary client interface for all phases of a project, with guidance as needed from other Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
• Estimating of Electrical Control Panels and associated equipment, services and support
• Work with ISG Design/CAD department from concept, through production of electrical control systems/panels in compliance with applicable codes, UL508, UL698 and CE standards.
• Correspond directly with clients and their design teams through the submittal, RFI process, product production, as-build, and Operations and Maintenance documentation.
• Ensure ISG standards and quality control are adhered to throughout the project.
• Coordinate shipment, field services, along with post product delivery support.
• Assist Project Managers and or Engineering with coordination, review, and approval of project shop drawings, submittals, and operation and maintenance documents, in conjunction with project specifications, and production requirements.
• Detailed tracking and reporting of projects and product, from estimate to delivery
• Provide leadership, coordination, and direction to staff, including administrative, procurement, Design and CAD, logistics, production department, and field services group.
• Generally, works under the direction of a Project Manager.
• Able to fully manage basic and repeat projects and products.
• Front line customer interface developing scope of goods and services.
• Customer and market identification and development.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Experience in UL Control Panel Manufacturing industry.
• Highly proficient with MS Office software required.
• Ability to work with management & multiple personalities while maintaining a high degree of respect for the individual
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and complete projects on schedule
• Ability to work through major challenges and make decisions
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering and / or Controls Engineering or equivalent to 3 years project & industry based experience.
• Work and adapt under high pressure environments.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/CSG-71.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.