MDU Resources Group Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, Washington
Department:Integrated Systems Group
Hiring Manager:Brandance M Benefiel
Closing Date:10/29/2021at 11:59pm CDT
GENERAL SUMMARY/PRIMARY FUNCTION
Responsible for understanding, upholding and promoting CSG’s Critical Success Factors, 1) Safety First!; 2) Financial Success (including operational excellence); 3) Employee Satisfaction (including development and training), and 4) Customer Satisfaction. Promote ISG PCM/OEG’s Core Values, safety culture and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI). Primary duties include: record keeping, data entry, document preparation, meeting coordination and special projects. Provide customer service to internal and external customers.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide administrative support
• Assist Front Desk - Answer phones / greet customers / inventory office supplies
• Document Control – Scanning / Filing / data entry & maintain spreadsheets
• Create submittal documents & manuals
• Data entry for setting up quotes & job files
• Pick up / Deliver small items in the local area
• Perform additional duties as assigned
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize & complete multiple projects in a timely manner
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations
• Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word & Excel
• Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Good punctuation, spelling, and grammar skills are critical
• Must maintain professional confidentiality
• Must be able to effectively work independently & within a team environment
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
One-year experience providing Administrative support in a manufacturing or construction environment. Basic knowledge of office procedures and Microsoft Office applications
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Equal opportunity employer/AAP. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. .
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/CSG-71.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.