ConEdison Solutions Solar Engineering (Utility-Scale) Intern in Valhalla, New York
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses through its three main subsidiaries Con Edison Development, Con Edison Energy and Con Edison Solutions, develop, own, and operate renewable energy infrastructure and provide energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers.
Con Edison CEB is the second-largest solar producer in North America and the seventh-largest solar producer in the world.
Consolidated Edison Development acquires, develops, builds, and operates wind and solar electric generation facilities across the U.S. The portfolio includes renewable energy generation (wind and solar assets) totaling 2,600 MW AC across 17 states.
The Engineering team is responsible for ensuring the reliable, safe, and efficient operation of utility scale renewable facilities and other renewable assets owned by CEB. The core responsibilities of the engineering team are to support the renewable assets during every stage of the project life-cycle. This is your opportunity to work with the talented Engineering team at Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses.
Learn more about Con Edison Development here: https://www.coneddev.com/.
Summer Internship Program
We offer a paid, 10-week Internship Program that provides students the opportunity to work with a diverse pool of talent in the Energy/Renewable industry.
Dates: June 7, 2021 through August 13, 2021
Length of Program: 10 weeks (40 hour work week)
Location: Valhalla, NY
Preferred Academic Discipline: Electrical Engineering
• Support the Engineering team in all activities which can involve performing investigations, energy analyses, investigating performance optimization for solar and wind farms, developing remote monitoring platforms, and warranty / performance calculations
• Review engineering studies, calculations, and drawings. Assist with creating engineering drawings, studies, and calculations
• Work with the Engineering team to perform regularly scheduled activities as well as emergent work
• Assist in the development of Solar/Wind/Battery Storage projects by performing market research
The intern can expect to develop or enhance their knowledge of large scale solar, wind power generation, and battery storage technology. The intern will be exposed to the construction of large scale solar and wind farms as well as the operation and maintenance of these assets.
• The student must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate/Ph.D. program at an accredited institution
• Must have completed an introductory course in electrical engineering and power engineering
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Familiarity with renewable generation
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to manage multiple tasks at once
• Above average analytical ability
• Should have a working knowledge of how Solar Panels work, and have an understanding of power generation
• Auto-CAD experience a plus
• Live within a commutable distance to the Valhalla, NY office location
• Must provide proper work authorization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Requisition ID: 2020-2197
External Company URL: www.conedsolutions.com