ConEdison Solutions Manager of Environmental Programs in Valhalla, New York
WHO WE ARE
For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions (CES), Con Edison Development (CED) and Con Edison Energy (CEE) have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies. The CEBs are the second largest owner of solar electric generating projects in the United States and 11th largest globally. The CEBs have assets in excess of $6 billion and revenue in excess of $1 billion.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer great career opportunities including:
• Be a part of a market leader and one of the largest solar energy producers in North America
• Improve the planet by helping us further reduce carbon emissions
• Collaborate on a dynamic team of high performing professionals
• Create and improve on our renewable innovation
• Obtain a customized career path
• Obtain a competitive compensation package
• Select from comprehensive health plans and other benefits
• Utilize our generous tuition reimbursement program
• Participate in social causes
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the CEBs continue to grow as a leader in renewable energy, the Central Services team seeks to hire a key member to work out of our Valhalla, NY office. The Manager of Environmental Programs will develop and lead the Company’s Environmental Initiative across all business lines of the Clean Energy Businesses (CEB). Reporting to the Vice President of Central Services, this individual will ensure that all CEB business lines maintain compliance with applicable Environmental laws, regulations, and requirements. The Manager of Environmental Programs will promote the importance of Environmental compliance through presentations to various groups within CEB and Consolidated Edison Inc. (CEI). As a subject matter expert, you will support the CEB by providing centralized governance and representation with government agencies and stakeholders.
• Lead the development and implementation of a CEB’s global Environmental Management System in compliance with industry standards and best practices
• Interface with CEI EHS department on a regular basis to promote collaboration
• Serve as a key member of the sustainability cross-functional team to develop and implement sustainability strategies and practices for the CEB and CEI
• Develop, track, and report environmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for each line of business
• Coordinate and participate in annual EHS reviews at selected CEB sites on a rotating basis
• Provide technical expertise to develop, submit and gain approval for environmental permits and compliance across multiple states
• Review and approve Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), Environmental Assessments (EA) and Environmental Site Assessments for various projects, permit applications, and development evaluation.
• Plan, coordinate survey, and report on wildlife, native plants and habitats focused in multiple states
• Review and prepare biological assessments and evaluations
• Evaluate the potential for occurrence of threatened and/or endangered species and suitable habitat for listed and special status species
• Develop and implement environmental policies, procedures, and practices
• Monitor environmental performance of CEB facilities, and develop action plans to enhance programs to promote continuous improvement; and
• Develop and maintain a database of approved environmental consultants, working with procurement under the Master Service Agreement process.
• Develop and implement a compliance tracking system for all CEB environmental permit requirements
• Bachelor of Science degree in civil/environmental engineering or related engineering degree or environmental science
• 7 + years of experience in environmental studies and facility permitting in the Energy Industry, with some renewable energy focus.
• Familiarity with federal and state environmental regulations and laws and permitting programs as well as a thorough understanding of major environmental programs including Federal NEPA and USFWS programs
• Demonstrated leadership skills that promotes collaboration and ability manage a large company initiative
• Experienced in developing and implementing effective compliance processes and monitoring
• Experienced in building relationships with external customer/stakeholders that are based on partnership styles and with food business sense.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required as is the ability to influence diverse groups of people.
• Experienced in building cross-functional relationships with Business and Functional leaders to foster support for continual EHS improvement. Experienced in developing and implementing sustainability strategies and practices
• Able to travel up to 30% of time nationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Requisition ID: 2020-2174
External Company URL: www.conedsolutions.com