ConEdison Solutions Manager, Compliance in Valhalla, New York
WHO WE ARE
For over two decades, Con Edison Solutions (CES), Con Edison Development (CED) and Con Edison Energy (CEE) have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies.
CED is a leading developer of solar, wind and battery storage throughout the United States and currently owns and operates over 2.6 GW of renewable energy projects and is the second largest owner and operator of solar photovoltaic facilities in the U.S. CED leads the industry in the development, ownership and operation of renewable energy projects by providing engineering, permitting, interconnection, construction management, start-up and commissioning expertise, as well as operations and maintenance services. CED also has deep experience in financial management for power generation facilities.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer great career opportunities and are able to check some of your boxes including:
• Be a part of a market leader and one of the largest solar energy producers in North America
• Improve the planet by helping us further reduce carbon emissions
• Collaborate with dynamic teams who are high performing professionals
• Create and improve on our renewable innovation
• Obtain a customized career path
• Obtain a competitive compensation package
• Select from comprehensive health plans and other benefits
• Utilize our generous tuition reimbursement program
• Have fun and join us for baseball games and social causes
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Manager of Compliance will contribute to the company’s expanding solar and wind project portfolio as a subject matter expert on compliance with a focus on NERC compliance. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the CEB compliance program across the portfolio.
- Ensure effective regulatory compliance to all relevant NERC standards including the NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards.
Support the compliance efforts of other departments within the CEB on compliance including operations, regulatory and environmental health and safety (EH&S).
Support O&M staff remotely and on-site in the execution of compliance related activities and documentation including but not limited to identifying BES assets, implementing security awareness, implementing Cyber incident response plans, supporting physical security rules, and tracking personnel access levels and supporting IT on establishing transient cyber asset compliance.
Work with responsible CEB organizations to coordinate resolving compliance issues, performing root cause analysis, developing improvement recommendations/mitigation plans documenting potential violations to the proper regulatory organizations and coordinating compliance self-certification and data submittal.
Support changes to the NERC program as necessary by incorporating revisions to compliance procedures in response to internal best practice improvements, new/revised NERC reliability standards or other NERC program changes.
Conduct NERC training and compliance reviews/internal audits to assess the compliance status of NERC facilities and the quality of NERC compliance procedures, evidence and internal controls.
Interact with regulators (e.g., NERC, Regional Entities) and participate in appropriate utility forums/groups.
• Undergraduate engineering degree from an accredited college or university required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with NERC Compliance
• Detail-oriented engineer
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• High attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to analyze and interpret electrical drawings (Plant and Balance of Plant)
• Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to travel to CED facilities
• Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products; specifically, Word and Excel
We offer a very competitive salary with annual target bonus, 401k plan with company match, comprehensive benefit package, generous time off policy, matching Employee Stock Purchase Plan, excellent Tuition Aid Program, and a collaborative working environment in a growing organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Requisition ID: 2021-2268
External Company URL: www.conedsolutions.com