ConEdison Solutions IT/Cybersecurity Intern in Valhalla, New York
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses through its three main subsidiaries Con Edison Development, Con Edison Energy and Con Edison Solutions, develop, own, and operate renewable energy infrastructure and provide energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers. Con Edison CEB is the second-largest solar producer in North America and the seventh-largest solar producer in the world.
Con Edison Development develops, owns, and operates renewable and energy infrastructure.
Con Edison Energy is an experienced power marketer and asset manager, providing customized energy-management services to a broad range of clients.
Con Edison Solutions is an energy services company that provides renewable energy, sustainability services, cost-effective energy efficiency solutions, demand response, and energy performance contracting.
Learn more about Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses here: https://www.conedceb.com/.
Summer Internship Program
We offer a paid, 10-week Internship Program that provides students the opportunity to work with a diverse pool of talent in the Energy/Renewable industry.
Dates: June 7, 2021 through August 13, 2021
Length of Program: 10 weeks (40 hour work week)
Location: Valhalla, NY
Preferred Academic Discipline(s): Information Technology, Computer Science, Cybersecurity
• Review current network monitoring platform and preform gap analysis to add any assets that are currently not monitored.
• Create scheduled reports from the monitoring platform as it related to uptime, SLA performance. Also create heatmaps for critical assets to identify outages.
• Review and automate monthly cybersecurity posture reports.
• Assist with moving scheduling processes to new servers.
• Assist with cyber hygiene compliance KPI tracking.
• Perform enhancements to selected existing applications.
• Basic understanding of IT systems
• Fundamental network knowledge, including familiarity with routers, switches, and firewalls
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently or in a group
• Detail-oriented individual
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
• Easily motivated with a solid work ethic
• Live within a commutable distance to the Valhalla, NY office location
• Must provide proper work authorization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Requisition ID: 2020-2201
External Company URL: www.conedsolutions.com