ConEdison Solutions Financial Analyst (Project Finance/Insurance) in Valhalla, New York
WHO WE ARE
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses through its three main subsidiaries Con Edison Development, Con Edison Energy and Con Edison Solutions, develop, own, and operate renewable energy infrastructure and provide energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers. The Clean Energy Businesses are a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The CEBs operate renewable energy projects across the United States worth several billion dollars. In support of our growing business, we are looking to add a key member to the Con Edison Development team in Valhalla, NY. The Financial Analyst of Project Finance and Insurance will support the company’s growth in renewable energy assets and help maintain robust insurance coverage. The Financial Analyst must have the aptitude and willingness to support the team’s project finance activities and other specialized areas of finance, and contribute to a fast-moving team. The Financial Analyst will drive improvements in insurance procurement, insurance contract terms and claims management.
We offer a very competitive salary with annual target bonus, 401k plan with company match, comprehensive benefit package, generous time off policy, matching Employee Stock Purchase Plan, excellent Tuition Aid Program and a collaborative working environment in a growing organization.
Optimize Project Finance cash management activities, and ensure compliance with reporting requirements under Project Finance agreements.
Support project debt and tax equity origination.
Insurance procurement and claims activity for Commercial Property and Liability insurance programs involving gathering and analyzing underwriting information, working closely with internal contacts, brokers and insurers.
Credit Support Obligations: Work with internal project developers and asset managers to open, maintain and close out letters of credit/bonds and guarantees.
Participate in special finance projects and provide support as needed.
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Risk Management, Economics or related business area is required
• Master degree in Business or Finance, ARM or CPCU designation not required but preferred
• 2 to 5 years of experience in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility preferred
• Experience in banking, project finance, treasury or insurance, a plus
• Strong Excel (i.e. formulas, lookups, etc.) and Powerpoint, and the ability to accurately synthesize information
• Interest in Project Finance, Treasury management and other specialized finance areas, a must.
• Ability to review and summarize contractual insurance terms
• Excellent interpersonal skills required to interact with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Strong attention to detail and has an ability to learn quickly and solve problems
• Strong attention to detail and time management skills
• Capable of working in a fast paced environment and quickly adapts to changing priorities
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
Requisition ID: 2021-2316
External Company URL: www.conedsolutions.com