ConEdison Solutions Energy Analyst Intern in Valhalla, New York
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses through its three main subsidiaries Con Edison Development, Con Edison Energy and Con Edison Solutions, develop, own, and operate renewable energy infrastructure and provide energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers.
Con Edison CEB is the second-largest solar producer in North America and the seventh-largest solar producer in the world.
Consolidated Edison Energy is an experienced power and natural gas marketer serving as a turnkey energy asset manager. We provide customized energy management services to energy asset owners, renewable asset developers, and load-serving entities. We currently provide energy management services to asset owners collectively representing almost 10,000 MWs of generation in ISO-NE, PJM, NYISO, and CAISO.
The Wholesale Energy Services team provides a comprehensive set of services, ranging from operational consulting and strategic planning to core logistical services such as bidding and scheduling, fuel management, and hedge execution. This is your opportunity to work with the talented wholesale energy services team at Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses.
Learn more about Con Edison Energy here: https://www.conedenergy.com/.
Summer Internship Program
We offer a paid, 10-week Internship Program that provides students the opportunity to work with a diverse pool of talent in the Energy/Renewable industry.
Dates: June 7, 2021 through August 13, 2021
Length of Program: 10 weeks (40 hour work week)
Location: Valhalla, NY
Preferred Academic Discipline(s): Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Business, Quantitative Analysis
The intern will assist with various projects and day to day tasks within the Wholesale Line of Business. This could include:
• Front Office work, including power and gas trading, bidding & scheduling of client's assets with ISO's
• Renewable forecasting and client interactions
• In addition, the intern will have the opportunity to work with the Settlement team, Risk team and Market Intelligence team to provide a cross functional learning opportunity
• The student must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate/Ph.D. program at an accredited institution
• Interest in wholesale energy markets a plus, as is some familiarity with energy systems, grid operations and financial energy markets.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Good interpersonal skills, including clear communication and ability to present to a group
• Live within a commutable distance to the Valhalla, NY office location
• Must provide proper work authorization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Requisition ID: 2020-2211
External Company URL: www.conedsolutions.com