MasTec Utility Services Construction Supervisor in Union City, California
MasTec – Utility Services Group activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including, but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. MOS Codes 12H, 12N, 25W, 91X, 2549, 2591 relate well to this position.
We are currently seeking a Construction Supervisor to join our dynamic team supporting a major telecommunications infrastructure project.
The role of the Construction Supervisor is to direct and lead field crews in all phases of project construction.
• Direct and schedule field crews
• Project research for projects to include:
• List of site assets
• Define labor and materials for project
• Permitting needs
• Infrastructure and Node or plant connection points
• Locate service needed
• City, County and State requirements or restrictions
• Daily Development of Project Packet to include project detail, maps, images and supporting files for review by other resources.
• Network and asset knowledge and planning to include Aerial & Underground assets and network inventory knowledge.
• Companywide safety practices, policies and training
• Safety violation enforcement and disciplinary action reviews
• Safety training and compliance
• Field work as needed to support primary duties to include walking of sites
• Base knowledge of aerial and underground construction
• Practical knowledge of Network operations and associated inventory for both RF and Fiber networks
• Help with staff training and process and procedures development for this team
• Ongoing staff training
• Shop asset management (fleet, equipment, facilities, e
• Valid US Driver’s license
• Clean driving record
• Lift and carry up to 70 lbs
• Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for project build process
• Highly organized person and can show planning and processes to support daily work
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Excel, Word, Etc…
• Ability to become proficient with customer “Host Systems”
• Understanding or RF and Fiber network architectures
• Ability to manage multiple staff members
• Can interface with customers on/off site as required
• Professional and effective leader
• Effective Project Manager (ability to manage multiple projects at one time)
• Practical and conceptual thinking as related to project descriptions and needs.
• Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced high volume work environment
• Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed
• Ability to be on-call, as needed.
• Work independently under minimal supervision
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec is a publicly traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: CA-Union City
Requisition ID: 29849