NextEra Energy Nuclear Operations Unit Supervisor - Lic Class in Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Nuclear Operations Unit Supervisor - Lic Class
Date:Dec 6, 2018
Primary Location:Two Rivers, WI, US, 54241
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 30583
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Operation Unit Supervisor (Trainee) must make satisfactory progress in preparation for passing the NRC SRO exam and program completion. Promotion to Operations Unit Supervisor is contingent upon recommendation from the Operations Director, based upon demonstrated competency in the position once licensed. An Operations Unit Supervisor is the first line supervisor in the Operations group at the site.
Job Overview This position requires participation in License Class, a preparatory program for the job of Operations Unit Supervisor. Employees in this role must successfully complete the entire program. The successful candidate develops leadership, management and technical skills to perform the supervisory job responsibilities. Individuals partake in several training programs including: the Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) training program, Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) SRO license exam, and the Control Room Supervisor Training program.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes the site Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) License or Shift Technical Advisor (STA) training programs
- Develops planning, organizing, and directing skills
- Practices controlling shift operations
- Develops up-to-date knowledge of plant operating conditions and limitations established by technical specifications and the plant operating license
- Practices performing as an Operations Unit Supervisor and performs associated supervisory duties while training
- Progresses in knowledge to pass the NRC SRO exam and program completion
- Completes and passes any other training course, instruction, event, simulation and on-the-job performance expectation
- Meets or exceeds site-specific ANSI standard requirements
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 4+ years
Nuclear Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's - Engineering Special Requirements Nuclear Specific Requirements:
ACAD 10-001 (Guidelines for initial Training and Qualification of Licensed Operators) apply to this position
- Power plant experience: 4+ years
- Nuclear plant experience: 2+ years
- Site specific power plant experience prior to entering license class: 6+ months
- Experience in a position equivalent to Reactor Control Operator at military reactor and qualified to manipulate or direct the manipulation of control rods (Propulsion Plant Watch Officer, Engineering Watch Supervisor, Reactor Operator, Engineering Officer of the Watch, Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor): 2+ years
- Technical experience in electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Condition of employment: successful completion of the SRO license class and attainment of NRC SRO license
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Bachelor Engineering or a related discipline
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Operations Organization: NextEra Point Beach Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin Other Work Locations: Wisconsin Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Green Bay Nearest Secondary Market:Appleton Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Plant Operator, Power Plant, Reactor Operator, Energy