UNS Energy Corporation Student Intern, Tax Services in Tucson, Arizona
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We are evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professional’s values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Department Assistant in the Risk & Business Services Department. The selected candidate will assist the Tax Services Department to prepare tax returns and schedules, analyze and evaluate data and conduct research. This person should have a strong interest in the area of accounting.
- Prepare sales and use tax returns and supporting schedules
- Prepare accounting journal entries
- Perform analysis of Company data
- Conduct research
- Participate in special projects and implementations
- Perform administrative assignments as requested
- Be pursuing a degree in Accounting or related discipline with a graduation date of May 2019 or later Be able to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week during regular business hours; up to 40 hours a week may be available during the summer and school breaks
- Have a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to protect highly sensitive and confidential information; Must be able to meet regular deadlines
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during regular business hours; and up to 40 hours a week during the summer and school breaks
- Student Interns must maintain the required hours for full-time student status, good academic standing at their college or university, as defined by the college or university and the GPA required for graduation by their college or university.
- Failure to maintain full-time status, good academic standing and/or the requisite GPA will result in ineligibility for participation in this program.
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Category: Tax Services
Position Type: Unclassified