NextEra Energy Operations Manager - T/S - Southern CA, AZ, NM in Tucson, Arizona
Operations Manager - T/S - Southern CA, AZ, NM
Date: Nov 28, 2022
Location(s): Tucson, AZ, US, 85756
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 65694
is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
This individual will provide oversight and leadership in the development and implementation of standardized work practices and cost-effective execution program. Manage compliance to maintenance construction specifications, operating standards, and procedures. Manage safety, budgetary and reliable performance of all transmission systems and equipment, including power plant switchyards and generation sites in designated areas. Ensure compliance to the North American Reliability Corporation (NERC), Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), and Protective Relay Coordination (PRC) standards. Promote Six Sigma quality concepts and aid in the development of the technical services team and ROCC System Operators.
• Responsible for leading the implementation of reliability maintenance programs and delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to all customers and stakeholders
• Demonstrated strong leadership in leading and directing technical organizations comprising of subject matter experts and accomplished professionals
• Strong safety champion responsible for eliminating/mitigating all safety exposures and assuring a safety culture of zero injuries and vehicle accidents
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills with demonstrated experience and excellence in writing technical and/or lab reports for technical customers and senior management
• Responsible for developing a high-performance organization and drives a culture of diversity and inclusion and ensures the highest levels of employee engagement
• Maintains competency in developing and leading component and forensic testing, and utilizing Six Sigma quality tools to identify root cause and drive improvement plans
• Maintains good working knowledge of the electric power grid, regulatory standards, engineering principles on electric industry and the various equipment and components from generation, transmission & substation, and distribution
• Manages cost and supports operational, productivity and cost improvement throughout the business
Professional Engineer (PE) Certification
Sarbanes Oxley training or experience
Union workforce management
Six Sigma Certification Green Belt or higher
Employees in this role oversee and manage the operations of Transmission/Substation functions and collection systems that deliver safe, reliable and cost-effective electricity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations as well as market requirements
Leads collaborative cross-functional participation and leverages assets and resources
Drives a safety focused culture
Leads team in completion of maintenance activities
Leads team in solving issues/problems related to equipment and systems
Ensures administrative functions are complete and being adhered to
Drives departmental policy implementation
Drives a collaborative environment, encouraging communication within the department and company
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelor's - Engineering
Experience: 5+ years
Supervisor/Management Experience: 5+ years
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Master's - Business Administration
Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs