UNS Energy Corporation Manager Transmission & Distribution, (Design) in Tucson, Arizona
Manager Transmission & Distribution, (Design)
Company Tucson Electric Power
Location Tucson, AZ
Requisition ID 5474
UNS Energy Corporation (http://www.uns.com) , headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary ofFortis Inc. (https://www.fortisinc.com) , the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. Our public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., power our economy by providing electric and gas service to nearly 700,000 customers in Arizona.
We embrace a spirit of giving, dedicated to improving quality of life in the communities we have served for generations, and in TEP’s case, since the 1890s. We’re building a cleaner, greener grid, with more wind and solar power than ever before, while maintaining safe, reliable, and affordable service.
Your Employer of Choice
Our culture is rooted inshared core values (https://www.tep.com/careers/#values) that define how we work and who we are. Our team of innovative professionals bring their authentic selves to work each day to power our vision and make a difference. Be Part of Our Story.
We create opportunities for employees to thrive through:
Continual growth: In an industry changing faster than ever before, our commitment to professional growth and leadership development means we never stop challenging ourselves to explore new possibilities.
Active Engagement: We support a collaborative environment, with peer-to-peer learning and employee-driven groups that foster an inclusive culture.
Total compensation: UNS Energy Corporation also offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, affordable individual and family health insurance plans, tuition assistance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
Hear from some of our employees,here (https://youtu.be/hpknvJPLuoc) andhere (https://youtu.be/7BECywu-Re4) .
Job Description - Manager Transmission & Distribution, (Design)
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Manager, T&D (Design). The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the safety, timeliness, financial performance, core objectives of the team as well as the long-term planning and execution of T&D strategies and operating plans. Provides support to the T&D Directors and leadership teams in making decisions to meet T&D and corporate goals effectively and efficiently. Demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills across diverse teams. Proactively strengthens our culture of safety, trust and integrity, inclusion and collaboration, learning, innovation, and accountability within and across departments. Collaborates with the other Managers and Directors to build a positive and proactive culture.
· In general, leads professional employees, and supervisors.
· Is accountable for the performance and results of their team(s) and supports the success of otherteams.
· Organizes the group structure to be efficient, effective, safe, and productive, using metricsto guide and trackresults.
· Supports the constant evolution and development of the department and team in training, organizational structure, technology, tools/equipment, processes, work methods,etc.
· Sets clear direction and expectations for employees while giving employees contextand understanding of thatdirection.
·Facilitates project prioritization and resource allocation. Provides direction and oversees work planning to ensure timeliness, financial responsibility and requiredfunctionality.
·Develops and manages team budgets which support the cost-effective implementation of departmental and T&D strategies, tactics, and operatingplans.
·Provides information to help develop and implement effective and successful Business and OperatingPlans for Energy Delivery.
·Writes, Develops and Presents department business plans and process improvement plans.
·Evaluates and recommends the selection, development, assignment, performance and compensation of team members. Assures adequate training for team supervisors in terms of technical capability, supervisory and leadership skills, including the cross-training to ensure supervisory rotationalcapability.
·Provides mentoring and meaningful feedback for employees to grow and besuccessful.
·Resolves conflict between employees whether technical or logistical while building trusting relationships.
·Responsible for the safety of their teams. Assures adherence to safe work practices, TEP Standards and operating procedures OSHA, NESC, NEC, Federal Motor Carrier Reg, and other fed, state and local codes andregulations.
·Actively demonstrates the Energy Delivery Commitment to Excellence and works to help the team demonstrate those behaviors. Leads by example, communicates strategies, and plans, and stays attuned to the morale and well-being of theteam.
·This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies andProcedures.
· Ensures that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and continually support the Affirmative ActionPlan.
· Creates a diverse environment that is respectful where employees feel comfortable tobring up safety concerns andideas.
· Investigates and helps foster a learning culture..
· Supports company culture, initiatives, and the success of otherdepartments.
· Complies with and administers the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Promotes a productive and collaborative relationship with the labor union(s) in support of company strategies andobjectives.
· Assumes fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and actively identifies and acts on approved cost improvementmeasures.
· Ensures the Performance Management program is administered uniformly andeffectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
· A Bachelor’s degree, with at least 3 years of leadership experience or a High School diploma or GED and a minimum 10 years of relevant technical experience, with at least 4 years of leadership experience.
· Leadership experience with an electric utility in Distribution Design, Engineering, Metering, or Line Construction preferred
· Demonstrated ability to actively listen and communicate effectively with diverse groups across functional lines in all forms of communication.
· Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
· Demonstrated ability to continually use emotional intelligence, poise, tact, and diplomacy.
· Broad-based business knowledge, including financial analysis and project management including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to build presentations and present them to a wide range of audiences.
· Advanced knowledge of the electric utility business.
· Proficient in the use of personal computer applications and software technology
Pay Rate: Salary determined based on candidate's experience & qualifications.
All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
California Job Applicants -click here (https://www.tep.com/california-job-applicant-and-independent-contractor-privacy-notice/) to see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.