UNS Energy Corporation Desktop Support Technician II or III in Tucson, Arizona
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We’re evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of IS Desktop Support. The successful candidate will provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard drives, RAM and so on.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
_Knowledge, Skills & Abilities_
(Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
Level II Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
Requires experience of 3-5 years in an IT discipline.
Effective written and oral communication skills are required plus a willingness to learn in a rapidly changing environment.
Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Ability to be on-call 7 X 24 on a weekly rotating basis.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
Technical knowledge of PC internal components.
Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
CompTIA A+, MCP, or other related certification is preferred
Two or more years in an IT related discipline is preferred.
Level III Qualifications:
- Requires the qualifications for an IT Desktop Support II plus team leadership abilities.
- Requires experience of five or more years with IT support.
- CompTIA A+, MSDST, CompTIA Network+, or other related certification required
- Individual is considered at full proficiency in the IT discipline and a leader on the team.
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Category: Information Services
Position Type: Unclassified