UNS Energy Corporation Customer Care Representative in Tucson, Arizona
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We’re evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration. In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
Vacancies exist for the position of Customer Care Representative in Tucson Electric Power's Customer Service Call Center.
Date Posted: March 14, 2019 Date Expires: March 28, 2019
Testing Date: Week of April 17, 2019 Interview Date: Week of April 24, 2019
*_Candidates selected for testing will receive a confirmation email at the email address provided on the application as notification of the scheduled date and time of the testing session. Dates are subject to change based on business needs, weather and unforeseen circumstances. *_
Please complete the online application on the company Intranet under My HR or at www.tep.com under the careers link. If you have any questions, contact Betty Stewart, (520) 917-2605.
_Normal Minimu_*m Requirements*
- Minimum two years’ experience in a customer service position with direct customer contact in a high-paced, structured environment
- Previous call center or credit & collections experience preferred
- Must demonstrate computer proficiency with the ability to type 45 words per minute
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with Company personnel and customers
- Must possess a High School diploma, or GED equivalent
- Must possess basic math, computer skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules-rotational shifts, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc);
- Ability to successfully manage difficult customer conversations, using empathy and effective listening skills
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work harmoniously with fellow workers
*PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for this position, a resume must be submitted, enumerating qualifications and skills.
There will be a two-part testing procedure required for this position. The first step is computer-based testing and written math testing followed by a behavioral based interview. Part one must be passed to progress to part two.
We are providing a study outline to prepare for both the computer testing and the behavioral based interview. The outline is designed to maximize test results by centralizing study time in the areas listed below:
Computer Based Testing
Customer Service Skills
**Behavioral Based Interview__
The interview is a behavioral-based interview incorporating Tucson Electric Power Core Competencies. We believe past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, and more recent behavior, is a better predictor of future behavior than older behavior, and long-standing trends are better predictors of behavior than isolated incidents. We therefore have patterned the questions during the interview to solicit behavior patterns that indicate with higher predictability whether the candidate can perform the job as required. This type of interview is different than those you may have taken in the past.
**Core Competency Outline__
- Considers the financial implications for each decision you make.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cost pressures inherent within our business and is able and willing to take action accordingly.
- Seeks out new learning opportunities as well as sharing, identifying and acting on lessons learned from successes and failures.
- Sincerely, willingly and continuously reaffirms key goals or values.
- Helps detect and resolve team breakdowns resulting from change.
- Learns and develops new skills or behaviors to adapt to constant, sometimes turbulent change.
- Shows a willingness to take calculated risks to accomplish project deliverables.
- Shows flexibility with current procedures to effectively achieve a business result for a customer.
- Improves performance by applying concepts from other situations to a new situation. 10.Is determined to succeed and maintains focus in the face of the challenges. 11.Be able to discuss the Core Competencies.
Possesses financial understanding and demonstrates the ability to foster and lead cost efficient initiatives without sacrificing quality or core values.
**Develops People and Self__
Views people, their knowledge, and capabilities as the organization’s core assets. Supports the structures and policies that encourage employees to continuously seek improvement. Creates development possibilities for self and others.
**Effectively Manages Change__
Accepts and successfully adapts to change. Helps others adapt and remain effective.
Is willing and able to be competitive and take risks in growing the organization’s profitability, while holding self and others accountable. Seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Personally strives for excellence in performance by surpassing established standards. “Under promises and over delivers.”
This job classification provides UNS Energy Corporation residential and commercial customer account support through various methods of communication.
**Essential Functions:__ (As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing)
- Responds to & effectively communicates customer inquiries in a timely, accurate and courteous manner.
- Ability to successfully manage difficult customer conversations, using empathy and effective listening skills.
- Ability to answer inbound telephone inquiries while upholding the department’s quantitative and qualitative standards.
- Effectively & accurately communicates account information & status while adhering to corporate policies & procedures.
- Effectively communicates account information through telephone, written and electronic e-mail methods of communication.
- Gathers information accurately & issues service orders for service, electrical outages and gas emergency orders.
- Responds to customer inquiries via intranet including communicating account information and status, placing service orders, electrical outages and gas emergency orders.
- Communicates the Companies’ billing, credit, metering, scheduling, ordering, etc., practices and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and communicate electrical or gas usage, high bill analysis, energy efficiency programs, special programs and other customer offerings.
- Ability to handle dual service (gas & electric) account inquiries & order processing.
- Research customer account inquiries making timely, fact-based, quality business decisions including, but not limited to payment arrangements, deposits, bad debt, scheduling, etc.
- Multi-task using current voice, data and electronic technologies and applications such as Automatic Call Distributor, fax, Internet, Intranet, voice-mail, e-mail, and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to perform customer support functions such as inbound call processing, pro-active customer contact, Credit & Collections and Payment Exceptions as assigned.
- Perform assigned work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Company practices and procedures.
- Participate through team-reporting structure or within specialized committees as assigned.
_Knowledge, Skills and Abilities_
- Departmental and Company terminology, programs and procedures
- Annual training & adherence to PHMSA (Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration) on handling gas emergencies required.
- Business English, punctuation, grammar and spelling
- Ability to type 45 words per minute required
- Customer Information System (CIS)
- Time management and work prioritization
- Operation of a variety of office machines including copiers, fax machines, calculators, personal computers, computer terminals and printers
- Effective oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to enhancing customer experience Basic math aptitude
- Previous call center, credit & collections or customer service preferred
- Demonstrated professional phone voice tone and demeanor
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Category: Customer Service
Position Type: Classified