Arizona Public Service Welder Team Member in Tonopah, Arizona
To perform welding activities in support of maintaining systems, components, and structural facilities of PVGS to ensure unit reliability.
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years experience in welding craft. Must meet requirements of ANSI 3.1 1978, ALS certifiable to ASME Section IX, XI and AWSD 1.1. Demonstrate journeyman competence in lay out, fit up and welding techniques for system component maintenance, also be able to obtain standard NRC clearance. Testing: EEI MASS Test administered.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVGS employees.
Any PVGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
1) Lays out, fits and welds metal components to repair, replace systems/structures in accordance with procedures.
2) Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting, grinding, heat treatment, qualifying additional weld procedures for use on site.
3) Responsible for safe rigging, moving of equipment utilizing overhead and mobile cranes and other station equipment.
4) Fabricate special tooling and assists other crafts in job functions including coordination with Radiation Protection, OPS and Security.
5) Prepares proper documentation of work activities to ensure adequate work history.
6) Conducts OJT for helpers and apprentices in safe, and professional work functions of a welder.
7) Attends and maintains a passing score in all required classes and training.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Generating Stations (PVGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Testing Information & Contact
Tests are only administered to referred candidates. More information about our tests and the testing process is available through www.pinnaclewest.com/careers and then clicking on the link for "Pre-employment Testing".
- A written [paper and pencil] test will be administered.
E-mail will be the method of contact with job applicants for test scheduling. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly so that you receive scheduling notifications for testing and updated job information.
Job Title: Welder Team Member
Job ID: 20180517
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time