Arizona Public Service Org Effectiveness Consultant-Innovation in Tonopah, Arizona
The Organizational Effectiveness Consultant independently performs analysis and provides cognitive and statistical conclusions of organizational level performance station-wide. Drives improvements station-wide by leading focused assessments, communicating analysis insights and recommendations to the senior management team, and strategically influencing the direction of the organization. Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the industry on organizational effectiveness and performance improvement. Will work to discover innovative solutions to business problems by sourcing and implementing new technologies.
Minimum Requirements A four year Bachelor's degree in a technical, engineering or science field from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years working experience in technical or science related positions. In lieu of Bachelor's degree, SRO license (must currently hold or have held) plus eight (8) years working experience in technical or science related positions; or, High school diploma/GED plus 12 years of working experience in technical or science related positions. Demonstrated ability to use data collection tools to extract and analyze data and apply analytic techniques to draw data driven insights and conclusions. Expert in business computer applications. Knowledge of cause techniques (such as fishbone diagrams, event causal factor charting, hazard-barrier-target analysis, or similar analysis techniques) and application of those techniques.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. Any PVGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities. These are a condition of employment at PVGS.
1) Will work with cutting-edge technology in mobile, analytics and potentially big data as well as application development. While constantly looking at multile technologies for solutions, will build technology-focused products. Will drive a team in planning and executing experiments, defining problems and designing tests using lean and agile methods in order to drive innovation and new features for our business. Will handle complex problems and work with station personnel to resolve issues and design and implement high quality solutions. Will take broad, strategic direction and deliver actionable enhancements.
2) Conducts comprehensive analysis and assessment of organizational level performance station-wide. Analyzes data from various sources such as field observation, interviews, condition reports, performance indicators, document review, and performance metrics, and conducts analysis of data to assess performance against established industry standards. Based on analysis and assessments, provides insight to the senior management group through analytical reports, and presentations and provides recommendations for improvements.
3) Leads periodic focused assessments. Sets assessment priorities, develops strategy for assessment implementation, assembles team members, executes and implements strategy. Communicates insights and recommendations to the senior management team through analytical reports and presentations. Observes behaviors in a variety of settings, connects observed behaviors with current performance and articulates those connections.
4) Interfaces with the industry as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and is an active, contributing member in industry-related work groups including attendance at conferences, benchmarking trips, and webinars (industry involvement is not limited to commercial nuclear power).
5) Influences business planning by using Operational Experience (OE) and knowledge gained to strategically influence direction and performance of the organization.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Org Effectiveness Consultant-Innovation
Job ID: 20180382
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time