Arizona Public Service Executive Assistant- Palo Verde in Tonopah, Arizona
Coordinates all administrative functions and provides multifaceted administrative support to an Officer level individual. Works independently with a high degree of professionalism and independent judgment. Ensures adequate, clear, and personable communication and follow-up with internal and external customers while under pressure and with distractions. Duties typically include: scheduling appointments, mail coordination, maintaining calendars, travel arrangements, meetings, etc. Runs and tracks projects and programs associated with senior management administrative support, accurately producing a variety of reports and presentations using the appropriate software for word processing, graphics and spreadsheets, preparing and/or updating functionally related reports and records, developing and/or participating in special projects. This role will assist with sensitive research projects and must be able to handle confidential and sensitive material and information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
Minimum Requirements High school graduate or GED and proficiency in advanced administrative duties requiring strong organizational skills and follow-up capabilities typically achieved in six (6) to eight (8) years of experience OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Completion of acceptable business or administrative training programs, as determined by hiring source as meeting additional education requirements. Must have demonstrated proficiency in performing advanced administrative duties that require strong organizational skills and follow-up capabilities. Advanced proficiency using Windows applications including Outlook, Power Point, and Excel. Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to produce work that is timely, grammatically correct and error free. Must be able to work in a very professional environment with an extensive understanding and knowledge of corporate organization, company industry and/or related government/state committee structures, key contacts and their representatives. Possess good customer interface skills to effectively communicate with different levels of customers and contacts. Budget preparation experience is desirable including a solid understanding of budget, contracts and accounting processes. Overtime will be required on occasion. Testing: EEI SASS test may be administered.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVGS employees.
Any PVGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
Major Accountabilites 1) Receives and screens incoming telephone calls, determines priority matters, and notifies executives accordingly. Refers issues to appropriate staff or provides requested information.
2) Reads and screens incoming correspondence and reports. Makes preliminary assessment of the importance of materials, organizes documents, handles some matters personally and forwards appropriate materials to the Executive and staff as appropriate.
3) Responds to routine or special inquiries and requests; facilitates the information flow between officer(s) and other organizations both inside and outside the company. Interfaces directly and independently with both inside and outside organizations on meeting facilitation and coordination.
4) Independently and accurately prepares correspondence, special reports, expense reports, schedules, presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, mailings and check requests ensuring completion in a timely manner. Self starts presentations/reports from conceptual ideas or existing materials for Executive review.
5) Produces a variety of letter, memos, charts, graphs, and documents in final form.
6) Prepares agendas and collects materials for meetings, speeches, and conferences. Updates Executives on status of issues before meetings. Takes minutes and follows up on action items as needed.
7) Manages and facilitates the Executive's calendar. Handles requests for time and uses judgment to determine priority and scheduling.
8) Makes all necessary travel arrangements for officer; prepares itineraries, prepares and maintains travel documents and records.
9) Arranges and coordinates meeting details and office related functions such as industry meetings, tours, luncheons, dinners and receptions.
10) Acts as liaison between the Executive and subordinates or others by communicating directives, instructions, and assignments. Follows-up on the status of outstanding assignments and projects.
11) Develops and maintains an organization system for files and/or tracking system(s) of tasks and projects assigned to officers, ensuring immediate retrieval of information and documents.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Testing Information & Contact
Tests are only administered to referred candidates. More information about our tests and the testing process is available through www.pinnaclewest.com/careers and then clicking on the link for "Pre-employment Testing".
- A written [paper and pencil] test will be administered.
E-mail will be the method of contact with job applicants for test scheduling. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly so that you receive scheduling notifications for testing and updated job information.
Job ID: 20180889
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time