Eversource Energy Working Foreman-Field Electrician in Tilton, New Hampshire
Role and Scope of Position:
Supervises, coordinates and performs installation, testing repair, operation and maintenance of electrical equipment and associated facilities.
Compensation and Benefits:
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The hourly salary range for this position is $49.30, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Plans, schedules and supervises the work of the Division Electricians
- Trains and instructs subordinates in the proper methods and practices
- Prepares and maintains department records
- Reviews substation inspection sheets and data and initiates corrective action
- Maintains stock of parts needed for maintenance of equipment
- Plans and oversees switching on distribution systems
- Interprets and implements company policy, practices and safety rules in the supervision of employees and resolution of personnel problems
Appraises and evaluates employees and recommends promotions, demotions and disciplinary action; interviews candidates and provides hiring recommendation
Responsible for ordering and issuing parts, materials, tools and equipment to enable efficient operations.
Provides training to and instructs others within the department; Plans, schedules and reviews work performed and evaluates subordinates
- Identifies appropriate procedural methods; and make decisions based on analysis of information
- Works effectively with subordinates; superiors, interfacing departments and vendors
Analyzes operational methods and develops improved procedures as needed;
Interprets Company policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including being able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Proven safe driving record
- Ability to work alone and be self-directed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an Electrician
Previous supervisory experience and/or technical direction of others is helpful.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Ability to implement environmental and safety procedures, train others, and participate on teams or committees to help improve processes is also desired
Licenses & Certifications:
- Motor Vehicle Driver’s License required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please attach a resume when completing your online application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs